Unable to delete folder (0x800710FE

=?Utf-8?B?SlAgQg==?=

      9th Jul 2007
Hi,

I'm trying to delete a folder that I "cut and pasted" from a my docs folder
(redirected) to another location.

I proceeded to get a sync error and when I try to delete this folder I get
Error 0x800710FE: This file is currently not available for use on this
computer.

The file is causing problems with another application. I need to delete it
but can't

Is their anyway to rebuild my cache or do something to remove this folder?

--
JP Bourget, MCSE
Arnold Magnetic Technologies

Peter Foldes

      10th Jul 2007
Take ownership of the file and delete it in Safe Mode

--
Peter

"JP B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to delete a folder that I "cut and pasted" from a my docs folder
> (redirected) to another location.
>
> I proceeded to get a sync error and when I try to delete this folder I get
> Error 0x800710FE: This file is currently not available for use on this
> computer.
>
> The file is causing problems with another application. I need to delete it
> but can't
>
> Is their anyway to rebuild my cache or do something to remove this folder?
>
> --
> JP Bourget, MCSE
> Arnold Magnetic Technologies

=?Utf-8?B?SlAgQg==?=

      10th Jul 2007
The problem is, the folder is permanently offline, and even when I go into
safe-mode, windows still thinks it's offline, and won't let me modify it.

Since it's offline, I also can't modify the permissions of it.
--

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Take ownership of the file and delete it in Safe Mode
>
> --
> Peter

> "JP B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to delete a folder that I "cut and pasted" from a my docs folder
> > (redirected) to another location.
> >
> > I proceeded to get a sync error and when I try to delete this folder I get
> > Error 0x800710FE: This file is currently not available for use on this
> > computer.
> >
> > The file is causing problems with another application. I need to delete it
> > but can't
> >
> > Is their anyway to rebuild my cache or do something to remove this folder?
> >
> > --
> > JP Bourget, MCSE
> > Arnold Magnetic Technologies

Peter Foldes

      12th Jul 2007
Did you take ownership of this file ????

--
Peter

"JP B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The problem is, the folder is permanently offline, and even when I go into
> safe-mode, windows still thinks it's offline, and won't let me modify it.
>
> Since it's offline, I also can't modify the permissions of it.
> --
> JP Bourget, MCSE
> Arnold Magnetic Technologies
>

> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
>> Take ownership of the file and delete it in Safe Mode
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "JP B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to delete a folder that I "cut and pasted" from a my docs folder
>> > (redirected) to another location.
>> >
>> > I proceeded to get a sync error and when I try to delete this folder I get
>> > Error 0x800710FE: This file is currently not available for use on this
>> > computer.
>> >
>> > The file is causing problems with another application. I need to delete it
>> > but can't
>> >
>> > Is their anyway to rebuild my cache or do something to remove this folder?
>> >
>> > --
>> > JP Bourget, MCSE
>> > Arnold Magnetic Technologies

=?Utf-8?B?SlAgQg==?=

      12th Jul 2007
No. Since I can't get to the security tab of the folder, which is required to
take ownership, I am unable to.

In safe more, normal boot mode, or any other state.
--

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Did you take ownership of this file ????
>
> --
> Peter

> "JP B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The problem is, the folder is permanently offline, and even when I go into
> > safe-mode, windows still thinks it's offline, and won't let me modify it.
> >
> > Since it's offline, I also can't modify the permissions of it.
> > --
> > JP Bourget, MCSE
> > Arnold Magnetic Technologies
> >

> > "Peter Foldes" wrote:
> >
> >> Take ownership of the file and delete it in Safe Mode
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter
> >>
> >> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> >> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

Helen Li [MSFT]

      30th Jul 2007
Hi JP,

Based on my research and experiences, it seems something wrong with the CSC
cache so we can add the following registry subkey to reinitialize the CSC
cache:

1. Click Start and enter regedit in the start search to open Registry
Editor.
2. Expand to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache
3. Add a new key:
Key Name: FormatDatabase
Key Type: DWORD
Key Value: 1
Note The actual value of the registry key is ignored. This registry change
requires a restart. When the computer is restarting, the shell will
reinitialize the CSC cache and then delete the registry key if the registry
entry exists.

4. Restart the computer then the CSC cache is rebuilt. Test the same issue
again.

I will test this issue on my side and if there is any update, I will let
you know as soon as possible.

Regards,

Helen Li

Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?SlAgQg==?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
| Subject: Re: Unable to delete folder (0x800710FE
| Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:36:00 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
|
| No. Since I can't get to the security tab of the folder, which is
required to
| take ownership, I am unable to.
|
| In safe more, normal boot mode, or any other state.
| --
| JP Bourget, MCSE
| Arnold Magnetic Technologies
|

| "Peter Foldes" wrote:
|
| > Did you take ownership of this file ????
| >
| > --
| > Peter
| >
| > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
| > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
| >
| > "JP B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > > The problem is, the folder is permanently offline, and even when I go
into
| > > safe-mode, windows still thinks it's offline, and won't let me modify
it.

| > > Since it's offline, I also can't modify the permissions of it.
| > > --
| > > JP Bourget, MCSE
| > > Arnold Magnetic Technologies

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Helen Li [MSFT]

      2nd Aug 2007
Hi JP,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know. I am glad to be of assistance.

Regards,

Helen Li

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Helen Li [MSFT]

      6th Aug 2007
Hi JP,

I have not received any responses from you lately, and I am just wondering
if you require further assistance or if the issue has been resolved. Please
let me know if there is anything that I can do for you on it. I look
forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Helen Li

Microsoft Online Partner Support

=?Utf-8?B?cmxwZWVi?=

      7th Aug 2007
It seems you never got your answer from the originator. I am having the same
problem. I was unable to get your proposed solution to work. I am also
surprised that searching all posts there is no more conversation about this
error. For what it's worth, I'm running Vista 32. The whole Video folder is
tied to Sync that only creates errors.

""Helen Li [MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hi JP,
>
> I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
> or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
> know. I am glad to be of assistance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Helen Li
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

Helen Li [MSFT]

      8th Aug 2007
Hello Customer,

I am sorry to hear that the suggestion I provided cannot resolve the issue
on your side.

The problem JP described is that there is a 0x800710FE error when deleting
a file in CSC cache then he receives a sync error. For we are not sure if
the sync error you received is same as his or not, you may submit a new
post and there will be a Windows Vista support engineer to help on the
specific issue of your side.