Unable to connect to Windows Live Messenger

Michael Cintado

      10th Sep 2008
For some reason, I am unable to log into Windows Live Messenger, Is it
happening for anyone else?

garethjmsaunders

      10th Sep 2008
On Sep 10, 4:11*pm, Michael Cintado <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> For some reason, I am unable to log into Windows Live Messenger, Is it
> happening for anyone else?

I'm getting the same problem: unable to log into Windows Live
Messenger, or MSN Web Messenger. Getting a variety of errors,
including

"Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is
temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error code:
81000314."

Guess I'll have to try again later!

Gareth

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

      11th Sep 2008
Greetings,

The service should be back up now.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"garethjmsaunders" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sep 10, 4:11 pm, Michael Cintado <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> For some reason, I am unable to log into Windows Live Messenger, Is it
>> happening for anyone else?

> I'm getting the same problem: unable to log into Windows Live
> Messenger, or MSN Web Messenger. Getting a variety of errors,
> including
>
> "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is
> temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error code:
> 81000314."
>
> Guess I'll have to try again later!
>
> Gareth

AllisonRyall

      11th Sep 2008
As of this morning, Thursday, September 11th 2008, I am still having this
problem. Others who I normally chat with on IM are also having the same
problem. We are getting an error code 81000314 saying the service is
unavailable but yet when we check the service status it says that all systems
are up and running.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> The service should be back up now.
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> (c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> --
>

> "garethjmsaunders" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sep 10, 4:11 pm, Michael Cintado <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> For some reason, I am unable to log into Windows Live Messenger, Is it
> >> happening for anyone else?

> > I'm getting the same problem: unable to log into Windows Live
> > Messenger, or MSN Web Messenger. Getting a variety of errors,
> > including
> >
> > "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is
> > temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error code:
> > 81000314."
> >
> > Guess I'll have to try again later!
> >
> > Gareth

Michael D

      11th Sep 2008
Morning All - my colleagues and I are expereincing the same issues. Can we
get a status on the resoution Mr. Kay?

Cheers

"AllisonRyall" wrote:

> As of this morning, Thursday, September 11th 2008, I am still having this
> problem. Others who I normally chat with on IM are also having the same
> problem. We are getting an error code 81000314 saying the service is
> unavailable but yet when we check the service status it says that all systems
> are up and running.
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > The service should be back up now.
> >
> > --
> > Jonathan Kay
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> > MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> > MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> > Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> > (c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> > --
> >

> > "garethjmsaunders" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > I'm getting the same problem: unable to log into Windows Live
> > > Messenger, or MSN Web Messenger. Getting a variety of errors,
> > > including
> > >
> > > "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is
> > > temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error code:
> > > 81000314."
> > >
> > > Guess I'll have to try again later!
> > >
> > > Gareth

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

      14th Sep 2008
Hi,

It went down again -- but it's been up for the past two days so it should be fine now..
again.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
(c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
--

"Michael D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Morning All - my colleagues and I are expereincing the same issues. Can we
> get a status on the resoution Mr. Kay?
>
> Cheers
>
> "AllisonRyall" wrote:
>
>> As of this morning, Thursday, September 11th 2008, I am still having this
>> problem. Others who I normally chat with on IM are also having the same
>> problem. We are getting an error code 81000314 saying the service is
>> unavailable but yet when we check the service status it says that all systems
>> are up and running.
>>
>> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > Greetings,
>> >
>> > The service should be back up now.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jonathan Kay
>> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
>> > MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
>> > MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
>> > Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>> > (c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
>> > --
>> >

>> > "garethjmsaunders" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Shermanex

      20th Sep 2008
When I'm using media center - I get a message at Media centers' start-up
that it can't open "messenger" - I've had this problem for a couple months.
I can open messenger separately but since it's a feature of Windows' MCE
2005, - I noticed this problem shortly after my computer caught an automatic
update of "service pack-3" does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this
issue?

"unknown" wrote:

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

      22nd Sep 2008
Hi,

My fellow MVP Jason Tsang has a fix for this on his blog:
http://blog.jasontsang.ca/2008/08/wi...ia-center.html

See method 2.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
(c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
--

"Shermanex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I'm using media center - I get a message at Media centers' start-up
> that it can't open "messenger" - I've had this problem for a couple months.
> I can open messenger separately but since it's a feature of Windows' MCE
> 2005, - I noticed this problem shortly after my computer caught an automatic
> update of "service pack-3" does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this
> issue?
>

> "unknown" wrote:

jon

      13th Oct 2008
hi i have not been able to log in to my messenger in months error
code70080005 keeps showing up what can i do to fix this problem

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My fellow MVP Jason Tsang has a fix for this on his blog:
> http://blog.jasontsang.ca/2008/08/wi...ia-center.html
>
> See method 2.
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> (c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> --
>

> "Shermanex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I'm using media center - I get a message at Media centers' start-up
> > that it can't open "messenger" - I've had this problem for a couple months.
> > I can open messenger separately but since it's a feature of Windows' MCE
> > 2005, - I noticed this problem shortly after my computer caught an automatic
> > update of "service pack-3" does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this
> > issue?
> >

> > "unknown" wrote:

charokee

      16th Oct 2008
You know it's strange, because I intermittently have problems getting into
messenger and the messenger service tests on their end come up as Up and
Running every time.......

Well to fight dirty, close out of Live Messenger completely......Click Start
---> Run ----> regedt32 ----> File ----> Export -----> name the file
regbackup -----> goto
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\Policies and delete the
registry key. It will lose all stored login and Appear Offline/Busy or
whatever you had, but it gets me in probably 75% of the time after trying to
log in 20 or more times.....