UMAX Astra 1200S + USB to SCSI converter

~Von

      29th Oct 2008
Hello,

My trusty Astra 1200S still functions however I don't have an extra
PCI slot in my current computer for a scsi card. I see SCSI to USB
converters on Ebay and I would love to hear if anyone has been
successful in getting their 1200s to work with XP and either VistaScan
of MagiScan with a USB to SCSI converter. If not under XP, how about
OS X?

THx!

~Von

NotMe

      29th Oct 2008

"~Von" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: Hello,
:
: My trusty Astra 1200S still functions however I don't have an extra
: PCI slot in my current computer for a scsi card. I see SCSI to USB
: converters on Ebay and I would love to hear if anyone has been
: successful in getting their 1200s to work with XP and either VistaScan
: of MagiScan with a USB to SCSI converter. If not under XP, how about
: OS X?
:

Better verify there are drivers available that work under XP, Vista and the
Mac OS as we had to dump a batch of UMAX scanners for the lack.

~Von

      11th Nov 2008
On Oct 29, 8:59*pm, Barry Watzman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It depends on how the drivers were written by UMAX. *Might work, might
> not (more likely it won't work, but it might).

I picked up a Belkin USB to SCSI adapter model USB SCSI F5U115-UNV
(http://www.belkin.com/support/produc...115-UNV&scid=1)
on Ebay and got it set up with the belkin driver. Windowx XP SP3 sees
the Belkin adapter however it can not find the driver for "UMAX Astra
1200s V3.1". I tried pointing it to the various installs of vistascan
and magiscan but none of the inf files worked. Any suggestions?

THx!

~Von