kenkcj

      10th Mar 2008
Hi everyone,
Since the new time zone went into effect, the windows 2000 computers on our
shop floors are not automatically adjusting their time. I installed tzedit
and adjusted central time to start dst on the second sunday of march and end
the first sunday of november. I got to the office this morning and noticed
that they had not updated their time and had to manually add 1 hour to the
time. I'd like to identify and solve this problem so that it will update
automatically for the next time zone change in november. Also to prevent it
from moving forward an additional hour out of nowhere. If anyone has heard
of a problem like this before and knows how to fix it. Please let me know.
Thank you!
-kenkcj

John John

      11th Mar 2008
All my machines adjusted without problems, you probaly missed a step
somewhere. Try here:

How to configure daylight saving time for Microsoft Windows operating
systems
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387/en-us

This also works very well:

http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/200...-daylight.html

John

kenkcj wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Since the new time zone went into effect, the windows 2000 computers on our
> shop floors are not automatically adjusting their time. I installed tzedit
> and adjusted central time to start dst on the second sunday of march and end
> the first sunday of november. I got to the office this morning and noticed
> that they had not updated their time and had to manually add 1 hour to the
> time. I'd like to identify and solve this problem so that it will update
> automatically for the next time zone change in november. Also to prevent it
> from moving forward an additional hour out of nowhere. If anyone has heard
> of a problem like this before and knows how to fix it. Please let me know.
> Thank you!
> -kenkcj

kenkcj

      11th Mar 2008
Ah, I missed the part for changing the time zone and then changing it back.
I couldn't find the site to make sure I got everything. Thank you very much
John.
Much appreciated
-kenkcj

"John John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> All my machines adjusted without problems, you probaly missed a step
> somewhere. Try here:
>
> How to configure daylight saving time for Microsoft Windows operating
> systems
>
> This also works very well:
>
> http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/200...-daylight.html
>
> John
>
> kenkcj wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> Since the new time zone went into effect, the windows 2000 computers on
>> our shop floors are not automatically adjusting their time. I installed
>> tzedit and adjusted central time to start dst on the second sunday of
>> march and end the first sunday of november. I got to the office this
>> morning and noticed that they had not updated their time and had to
>> manually add 1 hour to the time. I'd like to identify and solve this
>> problem so that it will update automatically for the next time zone
>> change in november. Also to prevent it from moving forward an additional
>> hour out of nowhere. If anyone has heard of a problem like this before
>> and knows how to fix it. Please let me know. Thank you!
>> -kenkcj

John John

      11th Mar 2008
You're welcome.