How to type X bar in Excel

=?Utf-8?B?SGVucmlxdWU=?=

      21st Jun 2007
How can I type the character x bar (for the statistical mean) into an excel
spreadsheet? I can do it in a word document, but not in an excel sheet.

=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgVy4gTGV3aXM=?=

      21st Jun 2007
You can either insert an equation object using the Equation Editor, or you
can use a font that has xbar in its character set. Two such fonts are

xbar is Alt-0214 in the Math Ext font from
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/wptoword.html

xbar is Alt-0120 in the MS Reference 1 font

Jerry

"Henrique" wrote:

> How can I type the character x bar (for the statistical mean) into an excel
> spreadsheet? I can do it in a word document, but not in an excel sheet.

Debra Dalgleish

      22nd Jun 2007
You can use the technique described here to add a bar:

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqFun.html#bar

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures