how to type a stats symbol in Word?

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

      23rd Sep 2004
I'm in a business statistics class, and I want to type the "Y-hat" symbol in
MS Word. How do I do so? Thanks, Jeff.

=?Utf-8?B?VHJlZXN5?=

      23rd Sep 2004
I'm not sure what a "Y-hat" symbol is but you might try Insert | Symbol.
There is quite an extensive list of symbols there.

Good luck.

"Jeff" wrote:

> I'm in a business statistics class, and I want to type the "Y-hat" symbol in
> MS Word. How do I do so? Thanks, Jeff.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      24th Sep 2004
This is character 0176 in Unicode fonts. If you have Word 2002 or 2003, you
can insert this by typing 0176, Alt+X. In earlier versions, you can insert
it using Insert | Symbol.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)