Two SATA Drive boot, non RAID

=?Utf-8?B?VmVsaGVydQ==?=

      22nd Feb 2005
I have an DFI NFIIultra Rev. B mobo with a WD 37Gb Raptor with windows loaded
soley on it. I have a 120Gb WD IDE HDD for storage and just purchased a
Hitachi 250Gb SATA drive for more stotage. When I hooked up and formatted the
new drive, windows had no problems with it, however, when i restarted the
system, I got a NTLDR is missing message, I unplugged the power on the new
drive and rebooted, worked just fine. Plugged the drive in still worked,
restarted, same message. I tried changing evertying in the bios so that it
recognizes the drives seperatley but it still, i am assuming trying to boot
from the new drive when it is hooked up. My bios was just flashed on the 20th
so it is all up to date, any ideas???

Yves Leclerc

      22nd Feb 2005
You may need to check the drive boot sequence and make sure that it is told
to boot from your WD 32Gb Raptor drive.

"Velheru" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an DFI NFIIultra Rev. B mobo with a WD 37Gb Raptor with windows
>loaded
> soley on it. I have a 120Gb WD IDE HDD for storage and just purchased a
> Hitachi 250Gb SATA drive for more stotage. When I hooked up and formatted
> the
> new drive, windows had no problems with it, however, when i restarted the
> system, I got a NTLDR is missing message, I unplugged the power on the new
> drive and rebooted, worked just fine. Plugged the drive in still worked,
> restarted, same message. I tried changing evertying in the bios so that it
> recognizes the drives seperatley but it still, i am assuming trying to
> boot
> from the new drive when it is hooked up. My bios was just flashed on the
> 20th
> so it is all up to date, any ideas???

=?Utf-8?B?VmVsaGVydQ==?=

      22nd Feb 2005
actually it is set to boot from scsi, which is the only way to boot from the
onboard controller, but right after I posted the message I thought of the
one really simple thing i didnt try and will be doing here
shortly.........switching the order the two SATA drives are plugged
in.........its always the little easily overlooked things that get it lol.
Thanks for the help, I hope this works.