Two Personal Folders in Outlook 2003

Robin Blackwell

      3rd Apr 2004
Hi all,

I have just finished rebuilding my PC, installing Office 2003 (including
Outlook 2003), and importing my old Outlook datafile (Outlook.pst).

I somehow seem to have ended up with two copies of Personal Folders in my
Outlook Folder List, each containing identical information. I can't seem to
see any way to delete one copy. Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Robin

Diane Poremsky

      3rd Apr 2004
you have ghosts in your profile - the easiest way to fix it is to make a new
profile - and instead of importing, use File, Open or Data file management
to use the old pst.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Robin Blackwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I have just finished rebuilding my PC, installing Office 2003 (including
> Outlook 2003), and importing my old Outlook datafile (Outlook.pst).
>
> I somehow seem to have ended up with two copies of Personal Folders in my
> Outlook Folder List, each containing identical information. I can't seem
> see any way to delete one copy. Can anyone help please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robin

Robin Blackwell

      4th Apr 2004
Diane,

Excellent! It took me a few goes, but I managed it in the end. Thanks very
much for pointing me in the right direction

Regards,

Robin

"Diane Poremsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> you have ghosts in your profile - the easiest way to fix it is to make a

new
> profile - and instead of importing, use File, Open or Data file management
> to use the old pst.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Robin Blackwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have just finished rebuilding my PC, installing Office 2003 (including
> > Outlook 2003), and importing my old Outlook datafile (Outlook.pst).
> >
> > I somehow seem to have ended up with two copies of Personal Folders in

my
> > Outlook Folder List, each containing identical information. I can't seem
> > see any way to delete one copy. Can anyone help please?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Robin

jsg

      9th Apr 2004
Great news that there is a solution to this problem - I've had it too.
However, I do not understand the instructions to solve it.
Do I go to Control Panel>Mail>Show Profiles and delete the only
Profile there and then Add it back? I tried to Remove what was there,
and it didn't go away.
Thanks

"Robin Blackwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Diane,
>
> Excellent! It took me a few goes, but I managed it in the end. Thanks very
> much for pointing me in the right direction
>
> Regards,
>
> Robin
>

> "Diane Poremsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > you have ghosts in your profile - the easiest way to fix it is to make a

> new
> > profile - and instead of importing, use File, Open or Data file management
> > to use the old pst.
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> >
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >

> > "Robin Blackwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have just finished rebuilding my PC, installing Office 2003 (including
> > > Outlook 2003), and importing my old Outlook datafile (Outlook.pst).
> > >
> > > I somehow seem to have ended up with two copies of Personal Folders in

> my
> > > Outlook Folder List, each containing identical information. I can't seem
> > > see any way to delete one copy. Can anyone help please?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Robin

Brian Tillman

      12th Apr 2004
jsg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Great news that there is a solution to this problem - I've had it too.
> However, I do not understand the instructions to solve it.
> Do I go to Control Panel>Mail>Show Profiles and delete the only
> Profile there and then Add it back?

Yes.
--
Brian Tillman