Two Norton Internet Security Icons in systray, what gives?

boywonder

      5th Sep 2005
Two Norton Internet Security Icons in systray, what gives?
XP home system w 2.5 ghz cpu, 256MB ram.
Norton Internet Security version , don't know, recent about 6 mos old.

Whe right clicking on each systray icon, one sees:

the one on the right says:
open Norton Internet Security
disable " " "
block traffic
log off
disable antivirus auto-protect
options > internet security
> anti-virus
> anti-spam

The one on the left says:
Open
run as.....
scan with Norton anti-virus
send to >
cut
copy
create shortcut
delete
rename
properties

One is obviously NIS, other NAV.
Anyone used to seeing this? Is it normal to have both? She doesn't know if
both were always visible or not, should either be closed? It seems that only
one was visible originally.
--
Tommy
my personal webpages w/pc help :

DanR

      6th Sep 2005

boywonder wrote:
> Two Norton Internet Security Icons in systray, what gives?
> XP home system w 2.5 ghz cpu, 256MB ram.
> Norton Internet Security version , don't know, recent about 6 mos old.
>
> Whe right clicking on each systray icon, one sees:
>
> the one on the right says:
> open Norton Internet Security
> disable " " "
> block traffic
> log off
> disable antivirus auto-protect
> options > internet security
> > anti-virus
> > anti-spam

> The one on the left says:
> Open
> run as.....
> scan with Norton anti-virus
> send to >
> cut
> copy
> create shortcut
> delete
> rename
> properties
>
> One is obviously NIS, other NAV.
> Anyone used to seeing this? Is it normal to have both? She doesn't know if
> both were always visible or not, should either be closed? It seems that only
> one was visible originally.

There is an option to group the Norton tray icons. I think it's in the program
settings... look around. When they are grouped and you mouse over the icon...
you then see the others.