Turn off align to slide

Rachel_O

      15th Jun 2009
In using the "Arrange" menu to align objects in Powerpoint, I clicked on the
"Align to slide" option because I wanted to align the objects in question to
the middle of the slide. In Powerpoint 2003, clicking "Align to slide"
again, would have switched this option off, but now, however much I click, I
can't get it to turn off, which is a real nuiscance, since I often want to
align objects relative to one another not to the slide. Does anyone have any
idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Rachel.

John Wilson

      15th Jun 2009
Do you have two or more objects selected?
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
Custom vba coding and PPT Makeovers

"Rachel_O" wrote:

> In using the "Arrange" menu to align objects in Powerpoint, I clicked on the
> "Align to slide" option because I wanted to align the objects in question to
> the middle of the slide. In Powerpoint 2003, clicking "Align to slide"
> again, would have switched this option off, but now, however much I click, I
> can't get it to turn off, which is a real nuiscance, since I often want to
> align objects relative to one another not to the slide. Does anyone have any
> idea what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rachel.

Gil Segal

      15th Jun 2009
In order to turn off the "Align to Slide" option in PowerPoint 2007, click
the "Align Selected Objects" option which appears just below "Align to Slide".

Gil Segal
www.toolstoo.com

"Rachel_O" wrote:

> In using the "Arrange" menu to align objects in Powerpoint, I clicked on the
> "Align to slide" option because I wanted to align the objects in question to
> the middle of the slide. In Powerpoint 2003, clicking "Align to slide"
> again, would have switched this option off, but now, however much I click, I
> can't get it to turn off, which is a real nuiscance, since I often want to
> align objects relative to one another not to the slide. Does anyone have any
> idea what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rachel.

shelly_p

      31st Aug 2009
I am having the same problem. The "Align Selected Objects" option is greyed
out and clicking "Align to Slide" again does not disable it. Any help on this
is appreciated, as this is very frustrating.

"Gil Segal" wrote:

> In order to turn off the "Align to Slide" option in PowerPoint 2007, click
> the "Align Selected Objects" option which appears just below "Align to Slide".
>
> Gil Segal
> www.toolstoo.com
>
> "Rachel_O" wrote:
>
> > In using the "Arrange" menu to align objects in Powerpoint, I clicked on the
> > "Align to slide" option because I wanted to align the objects in question to
> > the middle of the slide. In Powerpoint 2003, clicking "Align to slide"
> > again, would have switched this option off, but now, however much I click, I
> > can't get it to turn off, which is a real nuiscance, since I often want to
> > align objects relative to one another not to the slide. Does anyone have any
> > idea what I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rachel.

Gil Segal

      1st Sep 2009
The "Align Selected Objects" option is greyed out until you have 2 or more
objects selected in the slide on your current slide.

Gil Segal
www.toolstoo.com