A Turing Machine in Excel

George W. Cherry

      2nd Aug 2004
I'm just learning my way around Excel. I'd like to
see how to program a Turing Machine in Excel.
I Googled:

microsoft excel "turing machine"

and got over 700 hits.
If someone has an elegant example of a TM
in Excel, I'd appreciate their saving me the
trouble of looking at those 700+ pages.

George

Tom Ogilvy

      2nd Aug 2004
http://members.tripod.com/mumnet/tools/tools002.htm

looked pretty good.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"George W. Cherry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:nEuPc.201469$IQ4.111534@attbi_s02...
> I'm just learning my way around Excel. I'd like to
> see how to program a Turing Machine in Excel.
> I Googled:
>
> microsoft excel "turing machine"
>
> and got over 700 hits.
> If someone has an elegant example of a TM
> in Excel, I'd appreciate their saving me the
> trouble of looking at those 700+ pages.
>
> George

George W. Cherry

      3rd Aug 2004

"Tom Ogilvy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://members.tripod.com/mumnet/tools/tools002.htm
>
> looked pretty good.

Yes, I saw that example; but the write-up does not
give the Excel program which produced the figures.
Maybe I'm missing something.

George

> "George W. Cherry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:nEuPc.201469$IQ4.111534@attbi_s02...
> > I'm just learning my way around Excel. I'd like to
> > see how to program a Turing Machine in Excel.
> > I Googled:
> >
> > microsoft excel "turing machine"
> >
> > and got over 700 hits.
> > If someone has an elegant example of a TM
> > in Excel, I'd appreciate their saving me the
> > trouble of looking at those 700+ pages.
> >
> > George

Tom Ogilvy

      3rd Aug 2004
It had a link to download the workbook containing the code.

--

message news:nFDPc.237730$XM6.38018@attbi_s53...

> "Tom Ogilvy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://members.tripod.com/mumnet/tools/tools002.htm
> >
> > looked pretty good.

> Yes, I saw that example; but the write-up does not
> give the Excel program which produced the figures.
> Maybe I'm missing something.
>
> George
>
> > "George W. Cherry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > message news:nEuPc.201469$IQ4.111534@attbi_s02...
> > > I'm just learning my way around Excel. I'd like to
> > > see how to program a Turing Machine in Excel.
> > > I Googled:
> > >
> > > microsoft excel "turing machine"
> > >
> > > and got over 700 hits.
> > > If someone has an elegant example of a TM
> > > in Excel, I'd appreciate their saving me the
> > > trouble of looking at those 700+ pages.
> > >
> > > George

George W. Cherry

      3rd Aug 2004

"Tom Ogilvy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It had a link to download the workbook containing the code.

My embarrassment deepens. The putative
"link to download the workbook containing the code"
is exactly what I'm missing--and still can't find. Could
this be mid-summer cognitive slippage? Would you
help this wretched wreck by supplying the invisible link?

George

> "George W. Cherry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:nFDPc.237730$XM6.38018@attbi_s53...
> >
> > "Tom Ogilvy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > http://members.tripod.com/mumnet/tools/tools002.htm
> > >
> > > looked pretty good.

> > Yes, I saw that example; but the write-up does not
> > give the Excel program which produced the figures.
> > Maybe I'm missing something.
> >
> > George
> >
> > > "George W. Cherry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

in
> > > message news:nEuPc.201469$IQ4.111534@attbi_s02...

Tom Ogilvy

      3rd Aug 2004