trying to uncheck the "Use DDE" check box

riggsj

      3rd Nov 2003
I am trying to uncheck the "Use DDE" check box under file
types for a particular type. I can uncheck it, but it
won't "stick" - the check reappears after I close the
dialog box and re-open it for that file type.

how can I make it STAY?

tia,
riggsj

Bob I

      3rd Nov 2003
Perhaps you are fighting a losing battle with a program or virus in
trying to change that setting. Post what extension you are trying to
change settings on. Also don't post individual copies of your question
all over the place. Post the same message to relevant groups by
seperating them with a semicolon.