Trouble deploying licensed 3rd party com ocx

Woodie Morris

      27th Oct 2009
I'm trying to use a 3rd party COM ocx control in my VB2008 Express
application. Works fine on the development machine of course, but once
deployed to a test/virtual machine it will only work if I copy the COM
control's license file to the text computer's Windows\System32 folder. I'm
using Inno Setup with the following lines to install the ocx:

Source: "C:\Program files\VideoCapX\videocapx.ocx"; DestDir: "{sys}"; Flags:
restartreplace sharedfile regserver

Source: "C:\Users\Woodie\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\GT\Distribution
files\Interop.VIDEOCAPXLib.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion

Source: "C:\Users\Woodie\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\GT\Distribution
files\AxInterop.VIDEOCAPXLib.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion

Is this something that can't be done in the Express version?

Thanks, -Woodie

Family Tree Mike

      27th Oct 2009

"Woodie Morris" wrote:

> I'm trying to use a 3rd party COM ocx control in my VB2008 Express
> application. Works fine on the development machine of course, but once
> deployed to a test/virtual machine it will only work if I copy the COM
> control's license file to the text computer's Windows\System32 folder. I'm
> using Inno Setup with the following lines to install the ocx:
>
> Source: "C:\Program files\VideoCapX\videocapx.ocx"; DestDir: "{sys}"; Flags:
> restartreplace sharedfile regserver
>

> Source: "C:\Users\Woodie\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\GT\Distribution
> files\Interop.VIDEOCAPXLib.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion
>

> Source: "C:\Users\Woodie\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\GT\Distribution
> files\AxInterop.VIDEOCAPXLib.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion
>

> Is this something that can't be done in the Express version?
>

> Thanks, -Woodie
>
> .

It sounds like a question better asked of a group dedicated to using Inno
Setup to build deployments. Someone here may have used it, but I'm sure
there is a group for that product. It's possible that setting the license
file's build action to "Content", and the "Copy to Output Directory" property
to "Copy if newer" will help you.

Mike

New Member

      7th Aug 2012
Hmmm could you suggest me software like this videocapx i had same error, but when i install it, its working again but it's not free...so i need to pay now, or if any same software for free could help me?