Trouble with C# and FAXCOMEXLib: Fax Service Extended COM API (faxcomex.dll)

PKenney

      1st Jun 2004
Trouble with C# and FAXCOMEXLib: Fax Service Extended COM API
(faxcomex.dll)

Hello all,

I am having trouble retreiving the Fax Status using C#...

Also I can only seem to set FAXCOMEXLib.FAX_SERVER_EVENTS_TYPE_ENUM one at
a time...

I can see at run-time that I am Registering the
FAXCOMEXLib.FAX_SERVER_EVENTS_TYPE_ENUM.fsetFXSSVC_ENDED Event

or which ever SINGLE FAXCOMEXLib.FAX_SERVER_EVENTS_TYPE_ENUM enum I
use...

And my fax works just fine with this code, but does not appear to be
correctly raising the FaxJobStatus events no matter which enum I use...

Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks in advance.

using System;

using System.IO;

using System.ComponentModel;

using System.Collections;

using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

using System.Diagnostics;

using System.Threading;

using FAXCOMEXLib;

namespace csFaxComponent

{

public class csFax

{

protected FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocument objFaxDocument = new
FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocumentClass();

protected FAXCOMEXLib.FaxServer objFaxServer;

protected object JobID;

public static void Main()

{

try

{

csFax objcsFax = new csFax();

string FileName;

objcsFax.objFaxServer = new FAXCOMEXLib.FaxServer();

objcsFax.objFaxServer.Connect("AFaxServer");

//Register for server Fax Job Status events, this method has a pointer to
the

//IFaxServerNotify Interface that implements the FaxJobStatus Class, that
enables the

//caller to receive dynamic status messages...

//You do not create the FaxJobStatus class directly it is received as part
of a

//notification when you implement "ListenToServerEvents"

//Having trouble with multicasting this enum, Microsoft has a VB 6 example
that does not appear to convert well to C#

objcsFax.objFaxServer.ListenToServerEvents(FAXCOMEXLib.FAX_SERVER_EVENTS_TYPE_ENUM.fsetFXSSVC_ENDED);

//
objcsFax.objFaxServer.ListenToServerEvents(FAXCOMEXLib.FAX_SERVER_EVENTS_TYPE_ENUM.fsetOUT_QUEUE);

//E.G.: objFaxServer.ListenToServerEvents fsetFXSSVC_ENDED + fsetOUT_QUEUE
(C# version I would think the paren's () would be the only diff, can't
make it fly though...)

//Implement fax event status handers...
objcsFax.objFaxServer.OnOutgoingJobAdded +=new
IFaxServerNotify_OnOutgoingJobAddedEventHandler(objFaxServer_OnOutgoingJobAdded);

objcsFax.objFaxServer.OnOutgoingJobChanged +=new
IFaxServerNotify_OnOutgoingJobChangedEventHandler(objFaxServer_OnOutgoingJobChanged);

objcsFax.objFaxServer.OnServerShutDown +=new
IFaxServerNotify_OnServerShutDownEventHandler(objFaxServer_OnServerShutDown);

objcsFax.objFaxServer.OnOutgoingJobRemoved +=new
IFaxServerNotify_OnOutgoingJobRemovedEventHandler(objFaxServer_OnOutgoingJobRemoved);

ArrayList Values = new ArrayList();

string [] Files = Directory.GetFiles("C:\\FaxDrop\\","*");//give me
everything in this directory...

for(int i=0;i<Files.Length;i++)

{

FileName = Files[i];

Values.Add(i);

//Set the fax body
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Body = FileName;;

//Name the document
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.DocumentName = "C#.NET Fax widget";

//Set the fax priority
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Priority =
FAXCOMEXLib.FAX_PRIORITY_TYPE_ENUM.fptHIGH;

//Add the recipient with the fax number 12225550100
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Recipients.Add("999-9999","Joe Dirt");

//Choose to attach the fax to the fax receipt
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.AttachFaxToReceipt = true;

//Set the cover page type and the path to the cover page
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.CoverPageType =
FAXCOMEXLib.FAX_COVERPAGE_TYPE_ENUM.fcptSERVER;

objcsFax.objFaxDocument.CoverPage = "generic";

//Provide the cover page note
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Note = "Test C# Fax Server";

//Specify that the fax is to be sent at a particular time
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.ScheduleTime = DateTime.Now;

objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Subject = "Today's fax";

//Set the sender properties.
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.Name = "cs Fax Server";
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.City = "Cucamonga";
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.State = "California";
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.Company = "Bugs Bunny";
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.Country = "USA";
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.Email = http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed);
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.FaxNumber = "999-9999";
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.OfficeLocation = "CA";
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.OfficePhone = "999-9999";
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.StreetAddress = "1313 Mocking Bird Ln.";
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.ZipCode = "12345";
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.Department = "BB - Fax";

//Save sender information as default
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.Sender.SaveDefaultSender();

//Submit the document to the connected fax server.
objcsFax.JobID =
objcsFax.objFaxDocument.ConnectedSubmit(objcsFax.objFaxServer);

}//end for

}

catch (Exception ex)
{
throw (ex);
}
}

private static void objFaxServer_OnOutgoingJobAdded(FaxServer pFaxServer,
string bstrJobId)
{
MessageBox.Show("JobID: " + bstrJobId + "Added to queue");
}

//This event receives the FaxJobStatus object
private static void objFaxServer_OnOutgoingJobChanged(FaxServer
pFaxServer, string bstrJobId, FaxJobStatus pJobStatus)
{
MessageBox.Show(Convert.ToString(pJobStatus.Status));
}

//Should be raised when fax is sent and is currently not...
private static void objFaxServer_OnServerShutDown(FaxServer pFaxServer)
{
MessageBox.Show("Fax Done");
}

private static void objFaxServer_OnOutgoingJobRemoved(FaxServer
pFaxServer, string bstrJobId)
{
MessageBox.Show("Job Removed");
}

}

}

Raghavendra R [MSFT]

      3rd Jun 2004
Multiple things
(1)
When you are using FaxServer.Connect to connect to remote (other than local)
fax printers remember the following points (copy/pasted from MSDN)
Using the fax extended COM API you can connect to a remote fax server
running on a Windows® XP or Windows® Server 2003 computer. However, you
cannot connect to a Windows® 2000 fax.

There are some limitations while working with a remote fax connection:

a.. In Windows Server 2003, the fax printer must be shared to support a
remote connection.
b.. You cannot submit faxes remotely to a Windows XP fax.
c.. If you want to submit faxes remotely to a Windows Server 2003 fax you
must have a fax printer connection to that server.
(2)
Why do you say you can register for only one event? Please check the return
value of FaxServer.ListenToServerEvents. When this returns a SUCCESS HRESULT
it means the registration happened fine & there is a problem in the way you
hook the event handlers or some other place.

(3)
The individual events need to be OR-ed and not ADDED. So the correct thing
is
objFaxServer.ListenToServerEvents fsetFXSSVC_ENDED | fsetOUT_QUEUE
& what you have
objFaxServer.ListenToServerEvents fsetFXSSVC_ENDED + fsetOUT_QUEUE
is wrong

(4)
After you send the fax your program needs to wait in order to receive the
events. I don't see any wait in your code. You return right after
ConnectedSubmit call. You can use one of the .NET synchronization constructs
such as ManualResetEvent to wait.

HTH.
--
Raghavendra R
purposes only.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

;

> [...]

> }
>
> private static void objFaxServer_OnOutgoingJobAdded(FaxServer pFaxServer,
> string bstrJobId)
> {
> MessageBox.Show("JobID: " + bstrJobId + "Added to queue");
> }
>
> //This event receives the FaxJobStatus object
> private static void objFaxServer_OnOutgoingJobChanged(FaxServer
> pFaxServer, string bstrJobId, FaxJobStatus pJobStatus)
> {
> MessageBox.Show(Convert.ToString(pJobStatus.Status));
> }
>
> //Should be raised when fax is sent and is currently not...
> private static void objFaxServer_OnServerShutDown(FaxServer pFaxServer)
> {
> MessageBox.Show("Fax Done");
> }
>
> private static void objFaxServer_OnOutgoingJobRemoved(FaxServer

New Member

      11th Feb 2010
when using FaxComExLib, my C# web application works great in Vista, but in Windows 2003 I get the following error:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'FAXCOMEXLib.FaxServerClass' to interface type 'FAXCOMEXLib.IFaxServer2'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{571CED0F-5609-4F40-9176-547E3A72CA7C}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

in my web application's Bin folder if have Interop.FAXCOMEXLib.dll.

The version of c:\windows\system32\fxscomex.dll is 5.2.3790.3959.

Need you help.

Thx