Trident Video Code 10

JZM

      30th Oct 2003
I have added NVIDIA Geforce MX 440 PCI card to my system. I Also have
Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/Promedia in my System File and it is
showing a code 10 error. I uninstalled the Trident, rebooted and I did not
say that Windows had found new hardware. When I went back to look at the
system file, Trident showed up as I looking at the device manager screen???

I checked my "standby" and that checked ok.

My computer "freezes approx. 5-6 times a day. While working on the computer
and when I am away from it. I am at a loss as to where to turn next.

I am running Windows XP Upgrade, AMD Duran Processor, 504 MB Ram, Soyo
Motherboard

Cari MS-MVP

      30th Oct 2003
If the Trident graphics are built into the motherboard, have you disabled
them in the BIOS?

Cari
www.coribright.com

"JZM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have added NVIDIA Geforce MX 440 PCI card to my system. I Also have
> Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/Promedia in my System File and it is
> showing a code 10 error. I uninstalled the Trident, rebooted and I did

not
> say that Windows had found new hardware. When I went back to look at the
> system file, Trident showed up as I looking at the device manager

screen???

> I checked my "standby" and that checked ok.
>
> My computer "freezes approx. 5-6 times a day. While working on the

computer
> and when I am away from it. I am at a loss as to where to turn next.
>
> I am running Windows XP Upgrade, AMD Duran Processor, 504 MB Ram, Soyo
> Motherboard

John Chin [MSFT]

      30th Oct 2003
Your Trident video card was never supported to do dual-monitor, so you have
to remove it or see if you can disable it in bios

Here is a list of supported multi-display cards

If your computer freezes, I would test the system memory for starters with
Windows Memory Diagnostic
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Thanks