TrayApp wont go away

=?Utf-8?B?U2F0dXJuR29sZkJveQ==?=

      25th Jul 2006
I recently tried to install an old printer. In the end I could not find the
driver on line so I quit. I could not get the TrayApp to go away. Clicking
Cancel does not work nor teh "x" in the upper right hand corner. To turn my
machine off I have to end the TrayApp process. Everymorning when I Turn on
this stupid TrayApp screen reappears. How do I make the madness STOP?!

=?Utf-8?B?S2VtY28=?=

      25th Jul 2006
Hard to diagnose for certain without knowing what the Tray App is. I would
avise you to go into Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Find
this program in the list click on it and then click remove. You can remove
it from your startup by running msconfig but I'm weary about telling you how
to do this until I know for sure if you have enough knowledge to mess with
it. If you cannot remove it from Add or Remove Programs. Do some research
on the web about how to use msconfig. Good Luck

Joe

Kemco Technician

"SaturnGolfBoy" wrote:

> I recently tried to install an old printer. In the end I could not find the
> driver on line so I quit. I could not get the TrayApp to go away. Clicking
> Cancel does not work nor teh "x" in the upper right hand corner. To turn my
> machine off I have to end the TrayApp process. Everymorning when I Turn on
> this stupid TrayApp screen reappears. How do I make the madness STOP?!

Malke

      25th Jul 2006
SaturnGolfBoy wrote:

> I recently tried to install an old printer. In the end I could not find
> the
> driver on line so I quit. I could not get the TrayApp to go away.
> Clicking
> Cancel does not work nor teh "x" in the upper right hand corner. To turn
> my
> machine off I have to end the TrayApp process. Everymorning when I Turn
> on
> this stupid TrayApp screen reappears. How do I make the madness STOP?!

TrayApp is connected with the printer software, usually HP. Use the System
Configuration Utility to disable it from starting with Windows.

Start>Run>msconfig [enter]

This brings up the System Configuration Utility. Look on the Startup tab and
find the probable culprit. Uncheck the box next to its name, Apply and OK
out. You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll
get a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Just tick the box that says in
effect, "don't bother me about this again".

How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User