Transferring pictures onto wordpad

Jill Davis

      22nd Nov 2008
I am trying to insert an existing picture file into a wordpad document. I
have tried to copy and paste it and also tried to insert it as an object from
the insert drop down menu. Each time I am only getting a small square and
icon (if this makes sense).
I can open and edit the picture using the program which created it but I
want to paste the actual picture onto the document in order to see the exact
layout and content of the finished document, can anyone help please.
I'm far from a computer guru so simple explanations would be best suited!
--
thanks Jill

Malke

      22nd Nov 2008
Jill Davis wrote:

> I am trying to insert an existing picture file into a wordpad document. I
> have tried to copy and paste it and also tried to insert it as an object
> from the insert drop down menu. Each time I am only getting a small square
> and icon (if this makes sense).
> I can open and edit the picture using the program which created it but I
> want to paste the actual picture onto the document in order to see the
> exact layout and content of the finished document, can anyone help please.
> I'm far from a computer guru so simple explanations would be best suited!

Perhaps Wordpad doesn't support the file format of the picture. Or perhaps
Wordpad simply isn't sophisticated enough to do what you want. Wordpad is
just a cut above a plain text editor like Notepad, after all.

Here are a lot of links about inserting a picture into Wordpad. You might
find what you are looking for at one of them:

http://www.google.com/search?q=inser...rch&hl=en&sa=2

If you want a free word processing program that will give you far more
options than Wordpad, then OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org) is a great
choice.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Milt

      22nd Nov 2008
Jill,

To put a picture into Wordpad, you need to "capture" it first. Open the
picture, size it as you wish, and then click "Print Screen". ("Print Screen"
is in the center section of your keyboard between the numbers and letters
groups.)

Now you have "captured" it to the clipboard. You can open Wordpad and
right click in the body and choose "Paste". That's it. You can also right
click the picture to further edit it if you want.

Milt

"Jill Davis" wrote:

> I am trying to insert an existing picture file into a wordpad document. I
> have tried to copy and paste it and also tried to insert it as an object from
> the insert drop down menu. Each time I am only getting a small square and
> icon (if this makes sense).
> I can open and edit the picture using the program which created it but I
> want to paste the actual picture onto the document in order to see the exact
> layout and content of the finished document, can anyone help please.
> I'm far from a computer guru so simple explanations would be best suited!
> --
> thanks Jill

Milt

      23rd Nov 2008
Jill,

I appologise. I didn't answer you correctly. I was thinking about a
picture in your browser, not a file. Sorry about the confusion. Let's try an
easier way.

Right click the "existing picture file" and select Open With/Paint. Now
you should have a picture that you can edit or resize. You can crop it. You
can drag an edge to resize it too. Now you can select copy from the edit menu
or by right clicking. And you should be able to paste it into Wordpad.

Milt