Transferring E-mails to files

jolley noonan

      18th Jul 2008
I'm using Windows Vista. I have Open Office 2.3 installed. When I try to
transfer
these files or when I E-mail from an address from an E-mail I get Host can
not be found. Enter server name correctly. Subject "Resume" Account: 'ppp'
jeanne noonan protocol:SMTP, Port 25, Socket Error11001 Error number
0s800cc0d Secure (ssl)no.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
--
Jolley Noonan

Richard G. Harper

      18th Jul 2008
Check with your ISP to ensure that you have correctly set up your mail
account in Outlook, Windows Mail, or whatever mail client you're using.
Only you and your ISP can know what settings go there.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (E-Mail Removed)

"jolley noonan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using Windows Vista. I have Open Office 2.3 installed. When I try to
> transfer
> these files or when I E-mail from an address from an E-mail I get Host can
> not be found. Enter server name correctly. Subject "Resume" Account:
> 'ppp'
> jeanne noonan protocol:SMTP, Port 25, Socket Error11001 Error number
> 0s800cc0d Secure (ssl)no.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks.
> --
> Jolley Noonan

jolley noonan

      18th Jul 2008
Richard: I never set up my E-mail someone else did. I don't even know how
to check with ISP or even what ISP is. I'm computer illiterate when it comes
to finding something. Thanks.
--
Jolley Noonan

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Check with your ISP to ensure that you have correctly set up your mail
> account in Outlook, Windows Mail, or whatever mail client you're using.
> Only you and your ISP can know what settings go there.
>
> --
> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (E-Mail Removed)
>

> "jolley noonan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm using Windows Vista. I have Open Office 2.3 installed. When I try to
> > transfer
> > these files or when I E-mail from an address from an E-mail I get Host can
> > not be found. Enter server name correctly. Subject "Resume" Account:
> > 'ppp'
> > jeanne noonan protocol:SMTP, Port 25, Socket Error11001 Error number
> > 0s800cc0d Secure (ssl)no.
> >
> > Any suggestions? Thanks.
> > --
> > Jolley Noonan

Richard in AZ

      18th Jul 2008
Based on your response, I suggest you hire a technician (or computer savvy friend) to check it out
and tutor you a bit.

"jolley noonan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Richard: I never set up my E-mail someone else did. I don't even know how
| to check with ISP or even what ISP is. I'm computer illiterate when it comes
| to finding something. Thanks.
| --
| Jolley Noonan
|

| "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
|
| > Check with your ISP to ensure that you have correctly set up your mail
| > account in Outlook, Windows Mail, or whatever mail client you're using.
| > Only you and your ISP can know what settings go there.
| >
| > --
| > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (E-Mail Removed)
| > * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
| > * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
| > * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
| >

| > "jolley noonan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > > I'm using Windows Vista. I have Open Office 2.3 installed. When I try to
| > > transfer
| > > these files or when I E-mail from an address from an E-mail I get Host can
| > > not be found. Enter server name correctly. Subject "Resume" Account:
| > > 'ppp'
| > > jeanne noonan protocol:SMTP, Port 25, Socket Error11001 Error number
| > > 0s800cc0d Secure (ssl)no.
| > >
| > > Any suggestions? Thanks.
| > > --
| > > Jolley Noonan

Richard G. Harper

      18th Jul 2008
Then you need to find someone (maybe that "someone else") to help set it
right. As I said, we don't know what mail client you're using or what the
right settings are for your mail client - your ISP will know what settings
need to be there and the "someone else" will know what mail client you're
using and how to configure it.