Transfer photos from computer to an sd card

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Nnb3VsZA==?=

      3rd Mar 2007
Can someone please tell me how to transfer photos from my computer back to an
sd card
--
Thanks,
CG

Gord Dibben

      3rd Mar 2007
Do you have a card reader?

If so, plug it in and copy from HD to card which is inserted in your reader.

If no card reader and want to copy to card in camera, plug in camera and copy
back to the card in camera.................maybe!

Does your camera show up in My Computer as a Camera, Hard Drive or as a
removable storage device?

How and where to copy depends upon how Windows sees your Camera.

Windows sees my camera as a camera and I cannot copy pictures directly to the
card so I use a USB card reader.

If I install the software that comes with the camera, Windows sees it as a Hard
Drive and I can copy to a folder on that drive.

Note: some cameras will not recognize photos that have been edited then copied
back to the camera.

If you have edited and just want them back on the card to take to Walmart or
similar outlet for printing, that is OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:18:02 -0800, csgould <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Can someone please tell me how to transfer photos from my computer back to an
>sd card

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Nnb3VsZA==?=

      3rd Mar 2007
Gord,
Thanks for the reply. The problem is ...I take the disk out of my camera
and put it in a slot (SSD/MMC) in my computer. I upload the pics to my
computer. I then put the card back in the camera, and deleted the pics on
the card. So now I want to put the pics back to the card. So, I put the
card back into the slot in the computer and tried to send them back into the
card. But it won't work.
--
Thanks,
CG

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Do you have a card reader?
>
> If so, plug it in and copy from HD to card which is inserted in your reader.
>
> If no card reader and want to copy to card in camera, plug in camera and copy
> back to the card in camera.................maybe!
>
> Does your camera show up in My Computer as a Camera, Hard Drive or as a
> removable storage device?
>
> How and where to copy depends upon how Windows sees your Camera.
>
> Windows sees my camera as a camera and I cannot copy pictures directly to the
> card so I use a USB card reader.
>
> If I install the software that comes with the camera, Windows sees it as a Hard
> Drive and I can copy to a folder on that drive.
>
> Note: some cameras will not recognize photos that have been edited then copied
> back to the camera.
>
> If you have edited and just want them back on the card to take to Walmart or
> similar outlet for printing, that is OK.
>

> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
>
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:18:02 -0800, csgould <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Can someone please tell me how to transfer photos from my computer back to an
> >sd card

Gord Dibben

      3rd Mar 2007
I assume the SSD/MMC slot is an internal card reader.

"Tried to send them back" using what type of command or steps?

With my USB external card reader these are my steps to transfer pictures back to
SD Card.

1. Remove SD card from camera. Place SD card in slot on reader.

2. Plug in reader to USB port. Reader is 12-in-1 so I get 4 new
drives(removable media) in My Computer. G:, H:, I: and J:

The one for my Camera is designated KODAK(I

3. Copy pictures from pictures folder to MISC folder on the KODAK(I drive.
Or just drag and drop to MISC folder.

4. Done. Pictures now on on SD card.

Gord

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 12:23:03 -0800, csgould <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Gord,
>Thanks for the reply. The problem is ...I take the disk out of my camera
>and put it in a slot (SSD/MMC) in my computer. I upload the pics to my
>computer. I then put the card back in the camera, and deleted the pics on
>the card. So now I want to put the pics back to the card. So, I put the
>card back into the slot in the computer and tried to send them back into the
>card. But it won't work.

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Nnb3VsZA==?=

      3rd Mar 2007
Gordon,
1st I want to thank you for all your help, I appreciate it.
I guess all these computers are different. I figured out how to do it. The
thing that drove me crazy was that when I sent a picture to the disc, and
took the disc out of the computer, and put the disk back in the camera, I
cliked my camera on images, and it read ...no images on disk. Then I put the
disk back in the computer, went to my computer, then to SD/mmc drive and
opened it...boom the pictures I put on the disk were there. so it is a
little confusing why the disk showed empty in the camera. Now I know how to
do it.
Thanks again
Chester
--
Thanks,
CG

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> I assume the SSD/MMC slot is an internal card reader.
>
> "Tried to send them back" using what type of command or steps?
>
> With my USB external card reader these are my steps to transfer pictures back to
> SD Card.
>
> 1. Remove SD card from camera. Place SD card in slot on reader.
>
> 2. Plug in reader to USB port. Reader is 12-in-1 so I get 4 new
> drives(removable media) in My Computer. G:, H:, I: and J:
>
> The one for my Camera is designated KODAK(I
>
> 3. Copy pictures from pictures folder to MISC folder on the KODAK(I drive.
> Or just drag and drop to MISC folder.
>
> 4. Done. Pictures now on on SD card.
>

> Gord
>
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 12:23:03 -0800, csgould <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Gord,
> >Thanks for the reply. The problem is ...I take the disk out of my camera
> >and put it in a slot (SSD/MMC) in my computer. I upload the pics to my
> >computer. I then put the card back in the camera, and deleted the pics on
> >the card. So now I want to put the pics back to the card. So, I put the
> >card back into the slot in the computer and tried to send them back into the
> >card. But it won't work.

Yves Alarie

      3rd Mar 2007
Yes, it is a little confusing.
When you copy photos back on your card, some cameras (Sony, Olympus, Minolta
etc.) will not be able to read the files if you edited the files with
software or simply changed the file names, while other cameras (at least
some Canon, Kodak etc.) will read them. So you get this message "no images
on disk" from your camera, but the files are there and your computer will
read them.
I don't know what kind of camera you have, but take a look at the manual and
there should be some warning about this.

"csgould" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gordon,
> 1st I want to thank you for all your help, I appreciate it.
> I guess all these computers are different. I figured out how to do it.
> The
> thing that drove me crazy was that when I sent a picture to the disc, and
> took the disc out of the computer, and put the disk back in the camera, I
> cliked my camera on images, and it read ...no images on disk. Then I put
> the
> disk back in the computer, went to my computer, then to SD/mmc drive and
> opened it...boom the pictures I put on the disk were there. so it is a
> little confusing why the disk showed empty in the camera. Now I know how
> do it.
> Thanks again
> Chester
> --
> Thanks,
> CG
>

> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> I assume the SSD/MMC slot is an internal card reader.
>>
>> "Tried to send them back" using what type of command or steps?
>>
>> With my USB external card reader these are my steps to transfer pictures
>> back to
>> SD Card.
>>
>> 1. Remove SD card from camera. Place SD card in slot on reader.
>>
>> 2. Plug in reader to USB port. Reader is 12-in-1 so I get 4 new
>> drives(removable media) in My Computer. G:, H:, I: and J:
>>
>> The one for my Camera is designated KODAK(I
>>
>> 3. Copy pictures from pictures folder to MISC folder on the KODAK(I
>> drive.
>> Or just drag and drop to MISC folder.
>>
>> 4. Done. Pictures now on on SD card.
>>

>> Gord
>>
>> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 12:23:03 -0800, csgould
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Gord,
>> >Thanks for the reply. The problem is ...I take the disk out of my
>> >camera
>> >and put it in a slot (SSD/MMC) in my computer. I upload the pics to my
>> >computer. I then put the card back in the camera, and deleted the pics
>> >on
>> >the card. So now I want to put the pics back to the card. So, I put
>> >the
>> >card back into the slot in the computer and tried to send them back into
>> >the
>> >card. But it won't work.

Gord Dibben

      4th Mar 2007
In my first post I mentioned that depending upon your make of camera you may not
be able to view them on your camera.

They will be there for downloading to somewhere else like another drive or
Walmart Photo Center.

I rarely have a problem seeing them on my Kodak DX6440 after editing and placing
back onto card in camera.

But...........there are the odd few that just will not be recognized.

If I "just have" to view them on the camera I batch run them through
IrfanView(convert from *.jpg to *.jpg) and that generally clears up any
can't-view-on-the-camera problem.

Gord

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 14:29:05 -0800, csgould <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Gordon,
>1st I want to thank you for all your help, I appreciate it.
>I guess all these computers are different. I figured out how to do it. The
>thing that drove me crazy was that when I sent a picture to the disc, and
>took the disc out of the computer, and put the disk back in the camera, I
>cliked my camera on images, and it read ...no images on disk. Then I put the
>disk back in the computer, went to my computer, then to SD/mmc drive and
>opened it...boom the pictures I put on the disk were there. so it is a
>little confusing why the disk showed empty in the camera. Now I know how to
>do it.
>Thanks again
>Chester

Yves Alarie

      4th Mar 2007
Yes I agree. Funny about how different camera makers implement their
software. So you can do it and I can't and it has nothing to do with XP!

> In my first post I mentioned that depending upon your make of camera you
> may not
> be able to view them on your camera.
>
> They will be there for downloading to somewhere else like another drive or
> Walmart Photo Center.
>
> I rarely have a problem seeing them on my Kodak DX6440 after editing and
> placing
> back onto card in camera.
>
> But...........there are the odd few that just will not be recognized.
>
> If I "just have" to view them on the camera I batch run them through
> IrfanView(convert from *.jpg to *.jpg) and that generally clears up any
> can't-view-on-the-camera problem.
>

> Gord
>
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 14:29:05 -0800, csgould
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Gordon,
>>1st I want to thank you for all your help, I appreciate it.
>>I guess all these computers are different. I figured out how to do it.
>>The
>>thing that drove me crazy was that when I sent a picture to the disc, and
>>took the disc out of the computer, and put the disk back in the camera, I
>>cliked my camera on images, and it read ...no images on disk. Then I put
>>the
>>disk back in the computer, went to my computer, then to SD/mmc drive and
>>opened it...boom the pictures I put on the disk were there. so it is a
>>little confusing why the disk showed empty in the camera. Now I know how
>>do it.
>>Thanks again
>>Chester

Gord Dibben

      4th Mar 2007
Yes. It has nothing to do with Windows XP AFAICT

Discussed this a couple of years ago with yourself.

http://snipurl.com/1byq1

Have since found a few odd cases where the camera won't recognize the photo but
as I said............. "rarely"

Gord

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 22:12:13 -0500, "Yves Alarie" <rd50@@pitt.edu> wrote:

>Yes I agree. Funny about how different camera makers implement their
>software. So you can do it and I can't and it has nothing to do with XP!
>
>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In my first post I mentioned that depending upon your make of camera you
>> may not
>> be able to view them on your camera.
>>
>> They will be there for downloading to somewhere else like another drive or
>> Walmart Photo Center.
>>
>> I rarely have a problem seeing them on my Kodak DX6440 after editing and
>> placing
>> back onto card in camera.
>>
>> But...........there are the odd few that just will not be recognized.
>>
>> If I "just have" to view them on the camera I batch run them through
>> IrfanView(convert from *.jpg to *.jpg) and that generally clears up any
>> can't-view-on-the-camera problem.
>>

>> Gord
>>
>> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 14:29:05 -0800, csgould
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Gordon,
>>>1st I want to thank you for all your help, I appreciate it.
>>>I guess all these computers are different. I figured out how to do it.
>>>The
>>>thing that drove me crazy was that when I sent a picture to the disc, and
>>>took the disc out of the computer, and put the disk back in the camera, I
>>>cliked my camera on images, and it read ...no images on disk. Then I put
>>>the
>>>disk back in the computer, went to my computer, then to SD/mmc drive and
>>>opened it...boom the pictures I put on the disk were there. so it is a
>>>little confusing why the disk showed empty in the camera. Now I know how
>>>do it.
>>>Thanks again
>>>Chester

monica lane

      31st Oct 2008
Please help!!!
I am working on a christmas gift and I need pictures that are on my computer to be transfered to an sd card.
Can you please tell me how???