Timestamp Property Not Visible for DHCP Clients on DNS record

Michael Mach

      27th Aug 2009
We have one DHCP Server (win 2K) in our organization and two DNS Servers
(also win 2K). The DCHP Server is also one of the two DNS Servers. The two
DNS Servers are running AD Integrated Zones. We've noticed that all host
records generated by the DHCP server in DNS now do not have a timestamp
value. I can understand the manual records not displaying one, but why would
dynamic hosts not display this?
--
Regards,

Michael M

Ace Fekay [MCT]

      27th Aug 2009
"Michael Mach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have one DHCP Server (win 2K) in our organization and two DNS Servers
> (also win 2K). The DCHP Server is also one of the two DNS Servers. The
> two
> DNS Servers are running AD Integrated Zones. We've noticed that all host
> records generated by the DHCP server in DNS now do not have a timestamp
> value. I can understand the manual records not displaying one, but why
> would
> dynamic hosts not display this?
> --
> Regards,
>
> Michael M

Not sure what you mean. I just checked the records in DNS at an installation
using DHCP, put DNS in advanced View, and I can see the timestamps. Can you
elaborate on how you are viewing them and the steps you did to view them?

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCT, MCTS Exchange, MCSE, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging
Microsoft Certified Trainer

For urgent issues, please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.