Maggie

26th Feb 2005
The time limit for logging on was reached while waiting for syste
resources. Try again. MAPI 1.0 [000004C2

HELP
I am trying to create a new Outlook Profile (control panel, mail, sho
profiles, add), after filling in the requested information, I receiv
the above error. When I click on 'ok' it gives me

An unknown error occurred, error code 0x80040401.
click on 'cancel

What's up with that

Maggi

29th Jun 2005
Did you ever find out how to take care of this problem? I am seeing it too.

Mark

1st Mar 2006
I found that my user had two profiles, one we originally created called Microsoft Exchange Server, and one someone else created with the users name.

While trying to correct the situation, I found there were numerous Outlook processes running, so I stopped them all [task manager].

Then [using control panel, mail] I set the MS Exchange profile as the default [user's profile was default], and deleted user's profile, then changed the properties for MS Exchange profile. It was pointed to an old server.

If that doesn't work, log the user off, then rename their profile [using Windows Explorer], and let them log back on [new profile will be created]. Set the new profile up and see if your problem is cured.

31st Aug 2010
I had this problem and it turned out that it was caused by incorrect proxy settings in IE8.

I use FF (as system default browser too) so don't have IE setup, necessarily, but it seem that breaks OUTLOOK and safe mode outlook and the control panel apps to configure mail.

go figure!

I found nothing to indicate this was the cause of the problem in any of the event logs BTW
I tried various runs of repairing files and killing tasks etc first.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: