Time in 30-minute increments

caloy

      22nd Jul 2008
I have intraday data with Date/time values. I want to be able to aggregate
the time into 30-minute segments. What functions or expressions can I use?
--
Caloyski

Michel Walsh

      22nd Jul 2008
You can group on a computed expression, like:

CDate( CDec(#00:30:00#) * INT(CDec(yourDateTimeValue) / CDec(#00:30:00#)) )

Hoping it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP

"caloy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have intraday data with Date/time values. I want to be able to aggregate
> the time into 30-minute segments. What functions or expressions can I use?
> --
> Caloyski

John W. Vinson/MVP

      22nd Jul 2008
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:30:00 -0700, caloy
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have intraday data with Date/time values. I want to be able to aggregate
>the time into 30-minute segments. What functions or expressions can I use?

Try

cdate(clng(CDbl([datefield])*48)/48)

--

John W. Vinson/MVP

Allen Browne

      23rd Jul 2008
"caloy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have intraday data with Date/time values. I want to be able to aggregate
> the time into 30-minute segments. What functions or expressions can I use?

Michael has given you are very versatile expression, and John has given you
a specific answer.

Here's another way to *round* to the nearest so-many number of seconds or
minutes:
http://allenbrowne.com/round.html#RoundTime