Steve Healey

      24th Mar 2008
is there a tick mark (as opposed to a cross (X) ) shortcut on a qwerty
keyboard that i can use to put a tick into a question and answer box. i have
tried using the extra keyboard functions that bring up (i think) the extra
symbols such as alt 0065 produces an hebrew sign (cant remember how to do it
and this is only a maybe example). would love some help. just seems like
everything in form filling is a green dot. this is just frustrating and
irritating

Mark L. Ferguson

      24th Mar 2008
√ The character map has the 'square root' symbol

--
Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.

"Steve Healey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> is there a tick mark (as opposed to a cross (X) ) shortcut on a qwerty
> keyboard that i can use to put a tick into a question and answer box. i
> have
> tried using the extra keyboard functions that bring up (i think) the extra
> symbols such as alt 0065 produces an hebrew sign (cant remember how to do
> it
> and this is only a maybe example). would love some help. just seems like
> everything in form filling is a green dot. this is just frustrating and
> irritating

Doug

      24th Mar 2008

"Steve Healey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| is there a tick mark (as opposed to a cross (X) ) shortcut on a qwerty
| keyboard that i can use to put a tick into a question and answer box. i
have
| tried using the extra keyboard functions that bring up (i think) the extra
| symbols such as alt 0065 produces an hebrew sign (cant remember how to do
it
| and this is only a maybe example). would love some help. just seems like
| everything in form filling is a green dot. this is just frustrating and
| irritating

Try the space bar.

Jordan

      24th Mar 2008
On Mar 24, 5:34 pm, "Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Mark, I can't seem to fine it on my map. What is it? Alt. xxx? I see a
> U+221A but can't make that work.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> messagenews:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >? The character map has the 'square root' symbol

> > --
> > Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> > interface.
> >http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...m#RateAPostAsA...
> > Mark L. Ferguson
> > .

> > "Steve Healey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> is there a tick mark (as opposed to a cross (X) ) shortcut on a qwerty
> >> keyboard that i can use to put a tick into a question and answer box. i
> >> have
> >> tried using the extra keyboard functions that bring up (i think) the
> >> extra
> >> symbols such as alt 0065 produces an hebrew sign (cant remember how to do
> >> it
> >> and this is only a maybe example). would love some help. just seems like
> >> everything in form filling is a green dot. this is just frustrating and
> >> irritating

If you are using MS Office, you could try to create a custom bullet
for a bulleted list. Also, deeper into the macro side of Word I
remember seeing a way to insert a tick box. You would have to enter
the developer view to get to it though.
</jordan>

db ´¯`·.. >

      25th Mar 2008