thunderbird/firefox extension question

badgolferman

      18th Jul 2006
I am considering switching to thunderbird/firefox combination. In the
past I experimented with these products and couldn't get them to
perform one important feature I require. Hopefully there is an
extension or new option that allows what I want.

Is there a way to make Thunderbird send the entire web page in the body
of the message when clicking Send Page? Up until now it only sends the
link and my audience doesn't want the content I send to be a separate
link. IE/OE will perform this seemingly simple task but the Mozilla
products won't.

Man-wai Chang

      18th Jul 2006
> Is there a way to make Thunderbird send the entire web page in the body
> of the message when clicking Send Page? Up until now it only sends the
> link and my audience doesn't want the content I send to be a separate
> link. IE/OE will perform this seemingly simple task but the Mozilla
> products won't.

If the URL pointed to a site that could be accessed by everybody, why
not just send a URL? You could use TinyURL if you wish.

If you don't insist on one-click solution, you could use Firefox to suck
the webpages, zip it and then send it away with Thunderbird.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.06) Linux 2.6.17.6

badgolferman

      18th Jul 2006
Man-wai Chang, 7/18/2006, 9:08:49 AM, <44bcdd61$(E-Mail Removed)-cable.com>
wrote:

> > Is there a way to make Thunderbird send the entire web page in the
> > body of the message when clicking Send Page? Up until now it only
> > sends the link and my audience doesn't want the content I send to
> > be a separate link. IE/OE will perform this seemingly simple task
> > but the Mozilla products won't.

> If the URL pointed to a site that could be accessed by everybody, why
> not just send a URL? You could use TinyURL if you wish.
>
> If you don't insist on one-click solution, you could use Firefox to
> suck the webpages, zip it and then send it away with Thunderbird.

I send webpages that have images or articles to a group of people. It
is more convenient for them to view those messages through their e-mail
client rather than opening a browser. Let me just say it is the nature
of the beast in this regard.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

      18th Jul 2006
"badgolferman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Is there a way to make Thunderbird send the entire web page in the
> body of the message when clicking Send Page?

AFAIK, there's no way to pass web pages to Thunderbird so that it could
transform them into e-mails.

There's a Firefox extension which will repackage a webpage as an e-mail
then pass it along to a dedicated mailing app. I haven't tried it.
<http://sendpagebyemail.mozdev.org/>

> my audience doesn't want the content I send to be a separate link.

Maybe you could explain to them that their browsers really are better
for viewing webpages than their e-mail clients are. Or you could
explain to them that you'd rather not infringe on so many copyrights
just to save them the trouble of opening a browser to visit sites.

--
»Q«

Chakolate

      18th Jul 2006
"»Q«" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Or you could
> explain to them that you'd rather not infringe on so many copyrights
> just to save them the trouble of opening a browser to visit sites.

You're assuming a fact not in evidence, Q. (Oops, sorry, I seem to be
channelling Perry Mason. Again.) He didn't say he was sending somebody
else's webpage; maybe he's sending his own or the webpage of someone who
has agreed to this.

Chak, picker of nits

--
English is a brawling, promiscuous drunkard of a language made up of
mispronounced and stolen words from other languages, and that's what

FTR

      19th Jul 2006
»Q« wrote:
> "badgolferman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> <news:(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> Is there a way to make Thunderbird send the entire web page in the
>> body of the message when clicking Send Page?

> Maybe you could explain to them that their browsers really are better
> for viewing webpages than their e-mail clients are. Or you could
> explain to them that you'd rather not infringe on so many copyrights
> just to save them the trouble of opening a browser to visit sites.

How do you infringe on copyright if you send a copy of a webpage by
email ???

FT

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

      19th Jul 2006
FTR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:44bde096$0$891$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> How do you infringe on copyright if you send a copy of a webpage by
> email ???

By not first getting permission to copy and redistribute it.

--
»Q«