Thumbnails of ppt files

Jeff

      9th Aug 2006
I keep many ppt files in a folder on my XP system. I occasionally set the
folder view to the "thumbnail setting" and I noticed that most of the
PowerPoint files have a thumbnail that shows an image of the first slide.
However, for some reason I cannot figure out, two of the PowerPoint
presentations files do not have such a thumbnail image. Instead, as a
thumbnail image, they have the basic icon one sees when one click on the
"properties" of a ppt file. These files work fine.

Why do their thumbnails not show a thumbnail image of the first slide? How
can I make them do that?

Thanks.

Jeff

Michael Koerner

      9th Aug 2006
In PowerPoint, Click on file, Properties, and ensure that under Summary,
there is a checkmark in Save preview picture. Open the two presentations
that have no thumbnails, and resave them.

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

>I keep many ppt files in a folder on my XP system. I occasionally set the
>folder view to the "thumbnail setting" and I noticed that most of the
>PowerPoint files have a thumbnail that shows an image of the first slide.
>However, for some reason I cannot figure out, two of the PowerPoint
>presentations files do not have such a thumbnail image. Instead, as a
>thumbnail image, they have the basic icon one sees when one click on the
>"properties" of a ppt file. These files work fine.
>
> Why do their thumbnails not show a thumbnail image of the first slide? How
> can I make them do that?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

=?Utf-8?B?YW5lYXNpZXJ0b21vcnJvdw==?=

      9th Aug 2006
Hi Jeff

Open the presentations without the thumbnail then file->properties->summary
tab tick the 'save preview picture' box at the bottom.

Hope that fixes it :-)

Lucy
--
MOS Master Instructor
South Australia

"Jeff" wrote:

> I keep many ppt files in a folder on my XP system. I occasionally set the
> folder view to the "thumbnail setting" and I noticed that most of the
> PowerPoint files have a thumbnail that shows an image of the first slide.
> However, for some reason I cannot figure out, two of the PowerPoint
> presentations files do not have such a thumbnail image. Instead, as a
> thumbnail image, they have the basic icon one sees when one click on the
> "properties" of a ppt file. These files work fine.
>
> Why do their thumbnails not show a thumbnail image of the first slide? How
> can I make them do that?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

Jeff

      9th Aug 2006
Thank you both. That solved it.

Jeff

"Michael Koerner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In PowerPoint, Click on file, Properties, and ensure that under Summary,
> there is a checkmark in Save preview picture. Open the two presentations
> that have no thumbnails, and resave them.
>

> --
> Michael Koerner
> MS MVP - PowerPoint
>

> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I keep many ppt files in a folder on my XP system. I occasionally set the
>>folder view to the "thumbnail setting" and I noticed that most of the
>>PowerPoint files have a thumbnail that shows an image of the first slide.
>>However, for some reason I cannot figure out, two of the PowerPoint
>>presentations files do not have such a thumbnail image. Instead, as a
>>thumbnail image, they have the basic icon one sees when one click on the
>>"properties" of a ppt file. These files work fine.
>>
>> Why do their thumbnails not show a thumbnail image of the first slide?
>> How can I make them do that?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Jeff

=?Utf-8?B?YW5lYXNpZXJ0b21vcnJvdw==?=