There was a problem sending the command to the program. [Excel]

serhat

      21st Sep 2009
when i open my excel i got this alert
There was a problem sending the command to the program.
Other software word outlook works perfect. This problem just for excel.
I use office 2007

Looking for help

Currier

      2nd Oct 2009
I was having the same problem, but happened on a solution over at PCReview.
Try bringing up the Excel options, go to advanced and then scroll down to the
"General" section. Make sure that "Ignore other applications that use
Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" is not checked. This fixed my problem. Hope it
helps.

Currier

"serhat" wrote:

> when i open my excel i got this alert
> There was a problem sending the command to the program.
> Other software word outlook works perfect. This problem just for excel.
> I use office 2007
>
> Looking for help

hrishi

      5th Oct 2009
hi currier, thanks so much for this (though i didnt ask the question). had
been very frustrated over this issue, and tried searching through search
engines one more time. it fixed my problem.

"Currier" wrote:

> I was having the same problem, but happened on a solution over at PCReview.
> Try bringing up the Excel options, go to advanced and then scroll down to the
> "General" section. Make sure that "Ignore other applications that use
> Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" is not checked. This fixed my problem. Hope it
> helps.
>
> Currier
>
> "serhat" wrote:
>
> > when i open my excel i got this alert
> > There was a problem sending the command to the program.
> > Other software word outlook works perfect. This problem just for excel.
> > I use office 2007
> >
> > Looking for help

agorganic

      7th Oct 2009
Unfortunately my issue is with word MS office home and student 2007. All the
other formats are fine to use (excel, pwr point, onenote).

I think it happened when I switched to "run programs in previous versions of
windows", as I'm running windows 7 RC. I found a temporary work around, in
which you have to open the word program either from the start menu, taskbar
or desktop and then go to the word circle button and open the file within
word itself.

A real nusiance!!

I did hope I could follow the same steps as what currier mentioned for
excel, although the "ignore other applicatiosn that use dynamic data exchange
(DDE)" is not listed when I've gone into "word options", "Advanced" then
searched under the "general" section.

Bugger!

colcher

      21st Oct 2009
On Oct 7, 2:56*am, agorganic <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Unfortunately my issue is with word MS office home and student 2007. All the
> other formats are fine to use (excel, pwr point, onenote).
>
> I think it happened when I switched to "run programs in previous versionsof
> windows", as I'm running windows 7 RC. I found a temporary work around, in
> which you have to open the word program either from the start menu, taskbar
> or desktop and then go to the word circle button and open the file within
> word itself.
>
> A real nusiance!!
>
> I did hope I could follow the same steps as what currier mentioned for
> excel, although the "ignore other applicatiosn that use dynamic data exchange
> (DDE)" is not listed when I've gone into "word options", "Advanced" then
> searched under the "general" section.
>
> Bugger!

Install the new office service pack (made available today).
regards,
SÚrgio.

Alper

      22nd Jan 2010
Hi Currier,

I am running Windows 7 and Office 2007 and getting this message when I
double click on an excel file (and could not open it therefore by double
clicking on it). This seems to have solved the problem (at least for now).
Thx a lot.

Alper

"Currier" wrote:

> I was having the same problem, but happened on a solution over at PCReview.
> Try bringing up the Excel options, go to advanced and then scroll down to the
> "General" section. Make sure that "Ignore other applications that use
> Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" is not checked. This fixed my problem. Hope it
> helps.
>
> Currier
>
> "serhat" wrote:
>
> > when i open my excel i got this alert
> > There was a problem sending the command to the program.
> > Other software word outlook works perfect. This problem just for excel.
> > I use office 2007
> >
> > Looking for help

Jude Wejuli

      19th Apr 2010
when i open excel files, there is a message prompting problem sending commands.

serhat wrote:

There was a problem sending the command to the program. [Excel]
21-Sep-09

when i open my excel i got this alert
There was a problem sending the command to the program.
Other software word outlook works perfect. This problem just for excel.
I use office 2007

Looking for help

On Monday, September 21, 2009 7:44 AM
serhat wrote:

There was a problem sending the command to the program. [Excel]
when i open my excel i got this alert
There was a problem sending the command to the program.
Other software word outlook works perfect. This problem just for excel.
I use office 2007

Looking for help

On Friday, October 02, 2009 1:43 PM
Currier wrote:

I was having the same problem, but happened on a solution over at PCReview.
I was having the same problem, but happened on a solution over at PCReview.
Try bringing up the Excel options, go to advanced and then scroll down to the
"General" section. Make sure that "Ignore other applications that use
Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" is not checked. This fixed my problem. Hope it
helps.

Currier

"serhat" wrote:

On Monday, October 05, 2009 4:45 AM
hrishi wrote:

hi currier, thanks so much for this (though i didnt ask the question).
hi currier, thanks so much for this (though i didnt ask the question). had
been very frustrated over this issue, and tried searching through search
engines one more time. it fixed my problem.

"Currier" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 07, 2009 1:56 AM
agorganic wrote:

Unfortunately my issue is with word MS office home and student 2007.
Unfortunately my issue is with word MS office home and student 2007. All the
other formats are fine to use (excel, pwr point, onenote).

I think it happened when I switched to "run programs in previous versions of
windows", as I am running windows 7 RC. I found a temporary work around, in
which you have to open the word program either from the start menu, taskbar
or desktop and then go to the word circle button and open the file within
word itself.

A real nusiance!!

I did hope I could follow the same steps as what currier mentioned for
excel, although the "ignore other applicatiosn that use dynamic data exchange
(DDE)" is not listed when I have gone into "word options", "Advanced" then
searched under the "general" section.

Bugger!

On Monday, October 26, 2009 1:46 PM
colcher wrote:

wrote:theofnarangeInstall the new office service pack (made available today).
wrote:
the
of
ar
ange

Install the new office service pack (made available today).
regards,
S=E9rgio.

On Friday, January 22, 2010 3:05 PM
Alper wrote:

Hi Currier,I am running Windows 7 and Office 2007 and getting this message
Hi Currier,

I am running Windows 7 and Office 2007 and getting this message when I
double click on an excel file (and could not open it therefore by double
clicking on it). This seems to have solved the problem (at least for now).
Thx a lot.

Alper

"Currier" wrote:

WPF GridView Sample To Insert, Update, and Delete Records
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ple-to-in.aspx

Nigel Starkey

      30th Sep 2010
Same problem .. thankfully same solution. So what caused this out of nowhere? Been using and opening files for sometime without problem? Again many thanks !!

> On Monday, September 21, 2009 7:44 AM serhat wrote:

> when i open my excel i got this alert
> There was a problem sending the command to the program.
> Other software word outlook works perfect. This problem just for excel.
> I use office 2007
>
> Looking for help

>> On Friday, October 02, 2009 1:43 PM Currier wrote:

>> I was having the same problem, but happened on a solution over at PCReview.
>> Try bringing up the Excel options, go to advanced and then scroll down to the
>> "General" section. Make sure that "Ignore other applications that use
>> Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" is not checked. This fixed my problem. Hope it
>> helps.
>>
>> Currier
>>
>> "serhat" wrote:

>>> On Monday, October 05, 2009 4:45 AM hrishi wrote:

>>> hi currier, thanks so much for this (though i didnt ask the question). had
>>> been very frustrated over this issue, and tried searching through search
>>> engines one more time. it fixed my problem.

New Member

      30th Apr 2012
I am getting the same response in Excel 2010. I have done everything that everyone has said, but it still does not fix the problem. I can go into Excel, click open, search for the file, and open it that way, but I can't open the file when I click on it directly from within a folder. Any ideas?

New Member

      28th Jun 2012
I am having the same issue using Excel 2010 and Windows 7. I have tried all of the suggestions and nothing works. Any more ideas?