There is no "send", forward, or reply button on my email. Why?

=?Utf-8?B?bWJvbmU=?=

      22nd Jun 2005
I have Outlook 2003 installed on my computer, have been using it for two
years with no issue. I recently installed Outlook Web Access ( downloaded it
from my employer to my PC- I work from home ) and now my personal email (
connected to original Outlook 2003) will not allow me to send/reply/forward.
( no buttons appear to do this.)
I checked the email account settings, they are all the same as before. I
have Comcast.net as my home email account, connected to the original Outlook
2003. I thought it might be due to the secure server authentification issue,
but I have changed those settings and changed them back; nothing works. I
can still receive email, but not send it from my home Outlook account. Does
anyone have an answer?

Brian Tillman

      22nd Jun 2005
mbone <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have Outlook 2003 installed on my computer, have been using it for
> two years with no issue. I recently installed Outlook Web Access (
> downloaded it from my employer to my PC- I work from home )

No you didn't. Outlook Web Access is not an installed item. It's just a
way to use a web browser to access the Exchange mailbox. You don't need to
install anything on the PC to run OWA, since it's just the web browser
you're running. Now, you may have loaded a networking component, like a VPN
client, but that's not the same thing.

> and now
> my personal email ( connected to original Outlook 2003) will not
> allow me to send/reply/forward. ( no buttons appear to do this.)

When you are connected via a VPN to your office, your home internet
connection will not work. You must disconnect the VPN again to regain
access to your home Internet connection.
--
Brian Tillman

=?Utf-8?B?bWJvbmU=?=

      24th Jun 2005
Thanks for the info on the VPN, that was helpful. However, that was not the
issue. I did resolve this- and what you mentioned, about there might have
been something that I downloaded WITH the VPN access- that was correct. I
knew it had something to do with the security of my home network. What is
was: our VPN required a higher level of security, therefore I downloaded a
digital certificate for my home PC. I re-configured Outlook and restarted,
with the security certificate- it all works now, even when my VPN is open.
Thanks for your help!