Is there a Musical Note symbol I can insert in a Word doc?

Richard Streelman

      8th Apr 2009
I'm using WORD 2003 SP3

I'd like to be able to insert a "musical note symbol" into a document.

For example, if "#" was that symbol, I could type a cheery:

## Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! ##

....complete with 4 musical note symbols. Thanks for your help!

Jay Freedman

      8th Apr 2009
In the Arial Unicode MS and MS Gothic fonts, among others, you'll find quarter,
eighth, and sixteenth notes at Unicode numbers 2669 through 266C. For example,
to insert a quarter note, type 2669 in the document and press Alt+X.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm for more.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:21:09 -0700, Richard Streelman <Richard
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm using WORD 2003 SP3
>
>I'd like to be able to insert a "musical note symbol" into a document.
>
>For example, if "#" was that symbol, I could type a cheery:
>
>## Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! ##
>
>...complete with 4 musical note symbols. Thanks for your help!

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      8th Apr 2009
There are two musical note characters in Times New Roman, Arial, Courier
New, and other fonts, in the Miscellaneous Dingbats character subset at 266A
and 266B.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Richard Streelman" <Richard (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using WORD 2003 SP3
>
> I'd like to be able to insert a "musical note symbol" into a document.
>
> For example, if "#" was that symbol, I could type a cheery:
>
> ## Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! ##
>
> ...complete with 4 musical note symbols. Thanks for your help!

dgs dgs is offline
New Member

      6th Mar 2010
Music Notation for MS Word