Is there freeware like the old Kai SuperGoo?

JoeA

      1st May 2005
It was sold to Scansoft, changed to PhotoFactory, then gone?

Vegard Krog Petersen

      1st May 2005
JoeA wrote:
> It was sold to Scansoft, changed to PhotoFactory, then gone?

OT -
don't know about a freeware clone, but Kai SuperGoo can still be purchased:

http://www.mistralsoftware.co.nz/kais_supergoo.htm

> Kai's SuperGOO™. Time to go crazy and distort a photo with realtime

liquid distortion effects that can be saved in a photo format or in a
Quicktime/AVI presentation.
> What you can do with SuperGOO is to take a picture and mess it up
> There are two parts of SuperGOO: the Fusion Room where you can mix and match face parts, add face parts and (in the end result) fuse face parts around all over the place. There is also the GOO room, displayed above, with two different types of effects: The GOO Brush palette (used above on Albee) where you can push, pull, shrink, enlarge, and generally mess up a picture and the GOO Effects palette where you can perform swirls and a variety of kaleidoscope type of effects on a picture. Once completed, you can save in a variety of common graphic formats or print the photo.

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

My sites:
Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/
Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/
Freeware Logo & symbol: http://home.no/buffy2/
Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/
Pachisi & Ludo: http://home.no.net/vkp3/
My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/
a.c.f.g information: http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acfg/acfg.php
18+ - Adult Solitaire: http://home.no.net/rachel12/
18+ - Fishy Pictures: http://home.no.net/rachel12/fishy/
Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no

a@b.com.invalid

      1st May 2005
AnmanieSMP v2.4i

A tool for interactive distorting of bit-map pictures. Similar to
Kai's power Goo. The program offers various "brushes" for providing
distortion effects. (waxes, shrinking, rotating, pulling etc..)

- support for up to two processors (only Windows NT/2000/XP)
- working on pictures in originalgroesse
- import/export of usual image file formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, PPM,
RGB)
- production of animations and export of AVI video
- support of TWAIN compatible scanners and cameras
- print function

Using Anmanie, pictures are putty in the hands of the processor. In a
similar way to the well-known PowerGoo program, grotesque caricatures
can be created and even stored as AVI videos. Caricature and
distortion freeware that kneads images like dough.

http://www.anmanie.de/

The site seems to be down right now.

¿

      1st May 2005
On Sun, 01 May 2005 09:55:24 GMT, http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:

>AnmanieSMP v2.4i
>
>A tool for interactive distorting of bit-map pictures. Similar to
>Kai's power Goo. The program offers various "brushes" for providing
>distortion effects. (waxes, shrinking, rotating, pulling etc..)
>
>- support for up to two processors (only Windows NT/2000/XP)
>- working on pictures in originalgroesse
>- import/export of usual image file formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, PPM,
>RGB)
>- production of animations and export of AVI video
>- support of TWAIN compatible scanners and cameras
>- print function
>
>Using Anmanie, pictures are putty in the hands of the processor. In a
>similar way to the well-known PowerGoo program, grotesque caricatures
>can be created and even stored as AVI videos. Caricature and
>distortion freeware that kneads images like dough.
>
>http://www.anmanie.de/
>
>The site seems to be down right now.

Try
ftp://ftp.externet.hu/pub/mirror/sac/graph/anm24i.zip
or
ftp://sac-ftp.gratex.sk/graph/anm24i.zip

--
¿ <><

JoeA

      1st May 2005
(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:
> AnmanieSMP v2.4i
>
> A tool for interactive distorting of bit-map pictures. Similar to
> Kai's power Goo. The program offers various "brushes" for providing
> distortion effects. (waxes, shrinking, rotating, pulling etc..)
>
> - support for up to two processors (only Windows NT/2000/XP)
> - working on pictures in originalgroesse
> - import/export of usual image file formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, PPM,
> RGB)
> - production of animations and export of AVI video
> - support of TWAIN compatible scanners and cameras
> - print function
>
> Using Anmanie, pictures are putty in the hands of the processor. In a
> similar way to the well-known PowerGoo program, grotesque caricatures
> can be created and even stored as AVI videos. Caricature and
> distortion freeware that kneads images like dough.
>
> http://www.anmanie.de/
>
> The site seems to be down right now.

Thanks Found a copy by googling anm24i.zip

Gabriele Neukam

      1st May 2005
On that special day, , ((E-Mail Removed)) said...

> - working on pictures in originalgroesse

Is this the original text? "Originalgroesse" is original size, plain
and simple.

Dunno why someone would want to edit a file in a different size.

Gabriele Neukam

(E-Mail Removed)

just so, at no cost.

Helen

      1st May 2005

"Gabriele Neukam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d5301q$f06$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> On that special day, , ((E-Mail Removed)) said...
>
> > - working on pictures in originalgroesse

> Is this the original text? "Originalgroesse" is original size, plain
> and simple.
>
> Dunno why someone would want to edit a file in a different size.
>

> Gabriele Neukam
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> --
> Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
> just so, at no cost.

Why would someone want to alter the size of a file or photo?
I can think of a couple of reasons:
1) they're using dial-up and large files, especially photos take too long to download;
2) their ISP has a limit on the file size that is allowed to go through their server.

In either case, in essence, large files are inaccessible or problematic to transfer.

a@b.com.invalid

      1st May 2005
On Sun, 1 May 2005 18:27:54 +0200, Gabriele Neukam
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On that special day, , ((E-Mail Removed)) said...
>
>> - working on pictures in originalgroesse

>Is this the original text? "Originalgroesse" is original size, plain
>and simple.
>
>Dunno why someone would want to edit a file in a different size.

My fault, I ran the text from the original German site through
BabelFish and didn't check it.

Mel

      1st May 2005
>On Sun, 1 May 2005 13:13:13 -0400, "Helen" <@abuse.roman.gov> wrote:

>Why would someone want to alter the size of a file or photo?
>I can think of a couple of reasons:
>1) they're using dial-up and large files, especially photos take too long to download;
>2) their ISP has a limit on the file size that is allowed to go through their server.
>
>In either case, in essence, large files are inaccessible or problematic to transfer.

Digital photography is more popular than ever, but pictures straight out
of your camera are often large files that take a long time to download
via the Internet, particularly with a dial-up connection.

Interactive JPEG Optimizer lets you trim the fat from your image files,
and compare them side-by-side. In many cases reducing filesize with
barely noticable reduction in quality. It allows you to work on batches
of images, visually showing you the results of compression and allowing
you to tweak brightness, color and contrast. It keeps you informed of
how much you have shrunk the file size, and how long it would take to
download on a standard modem.

http://www.fullyregistered.com/

jmatt

      2nd May 2005
More here .

Morphing
http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/...ch=morph&la=en
http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/...n&search=morph
Morph one picture to another or make funny effects with one picture

* Please report abuse to http://xinbox.com/sixfiles