Is there a 'format painter' equivalent to use on many charts?

Chris Mark

      3rd Sep 2008
I'm trying to format a group of charts (roughly 40) so that they all have the
same formatting (font sizes, colors, alignment, etc.). Is there an easy way
to do this without having to change every axis and background on every chart?

I've tried the trick where you change something on one chart, click on
another, and press F4, but it was formatting all text on the chart in the
same way. I'm looking to have different fonts for the title, labels, and
axis.

Thanks!

Jon Peltier

      3rd Sep 2008
Copy the chart area of one chart, select another, and use Paste Special to
paste the formats. Note that this paste not just formats, but also the text
contents of chart and axis titles and data labels.

If you use the F4 key, you have to select the same chart element. Formatting
the font properties of the Chart Area will affect all fonts in the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Chris Mark" <Chris (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to format a group of charts (roughly 40) so that they all have
> the
> same formatting (font sizes, colors, alignment, etc.). Is there an easy
> way
> to do this without having to change every axis and background on every
> chart?
>

> I've tried the trick where you change something on one chart, click on
> another, and press F4, but it was formatting all text on the chart in the
> same way. I'm looking to have different fonts for the title, labels, and
> axis.
>
> Thanks!

Chris Mark

      3rd Sep 2008