Is there an auto save in Office 2007 Excel

Jean

      3rd Mar 2008
Is there a setting somewhere for a spreadsheet to automatically save every 10
minutes, as there was an option in previous versions of Excel?

Roger Govier

      3rd Mar 2008
Hi
Round Office button>Excel Options>Save>Save Auto-recover Information every x
minutes

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Jean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a setting somewhere for a spreadsheet to automatically save every
> 10
> minutes, as there was an option in previous versions of Excel?

Gord Dibben

      3rd Mar 2008
Version prior to Excel 2002 had a real AutoSave which overwrote the workbook
with a save at specified time intervals. Good or bad feature depending on how
you look at it.

Versions since 2000 use Auto Recovery which only creates a timed but temporary
backup file which is deleted when the workbook is closed normally.

Auto Recovery is a safety valve in the event of an Excel crash while a workbook
is open.

Jan Karel Pieterse has an addin called AutoSafe
which doen't alert before saving.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/download.asp

(look for AutoSafe.zip)

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups
from the recycle bin.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP