Text Field Size - Access 2007

WSR

      6th Apr 2010
I'm creating a database of text fields. I expect some data to exceed 255
characters.

What is the maximum field size of a text field? Can I increase the text
field size?

If so I can I do that?

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

(B^>)-]=[

KARL DEWEY

      6th Apr 2010
Use a memo field.
But remember there are limitations and using functions with a memo as you
cannot sort it. If you use Left([YourMemo], 255) you can sort that.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"WSR" wrote:

> I'm creating a database of text fields. I expect some data to exceed 255
> characters.
>
> What is the maximum field size of a text field? Can I increase the text
> field size?
>
> If so I can I do that?
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> (B^>)-]=[
>

> .

WSR

      6th Apr 2010
Thanks for replying to a level 100 question!

Regards,

(B^>)-]=[

news:(E-Mail Removed)...