Text boxes won't align left

Noel

      15th Mar 2004
Text boxes in powerpoint 2000 default to 10 or 12 spaces
to the right of left align. Cannot correct. Text box
defaults to this indentation. Any suggestions?

TAJ Simmons

      16th Mar 2004
Noel,

Click the textbox..... Format menu > format autoshape > Text box

Edit the Margins......and experiment with the "text anchor point"...you may prefer "left"

Chairs
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

NEL

      16th Mar 2004

But left margins are set at 0 and there is no "left" in
the select list for Text anchor point. This is driving
me crazy.. I linked an excel graph into powerpoint and
then ungrouped it to save space. When I ungrouped it all
the text shifted right about 10 characters.

Echo S

      16th Mar 2004
"NEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:de3701c40ae8$0f39c070$(E-Mail Removed)...
> But left margins are set at 0 and there is no "left" in
> the select list for Text anchor point. This is driving
> me crazy.. I linked an excel graph into powerpoint and
> then ungrouped it to save space. When I ungrouped it all
> the text shifted right about 10 characters.

Did you check the text anchor point? TAJ mentioned it, but it's easily
overlooked. Sometimes setting anchor to anything with "middle" in the name
will cause this behavior, even if the "middle" is in the vertical alignment
area...

Also check the bullet alignment on the ruler. View/Ruler to turn that on.
Are there any indent carats on the ruler?

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

Steve Rindsberg

      16th Mar 2004

In addition to TAJ's and Echo's suggestions, check the text box tab of the
format dialog box - there might be a margin set on the text box as well.

--
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com