This is a Test

Tim Clark

      22nd Oct 2009
This is only a test

This is a test of the Delta Update Broadcast System (DUBS)

This is only a test

Had this been an actual Delta Update Broadcast you would have been informed
of the Delta Update version and/or instructed on how to obtain it.

This was only a Test.

:-P

===========================
Fort those of you not from the US the above was intended to be a humorous
paraphrase of our Emergency Broadcast System, which we hear on all stations
at sometime during the month :P

Due to the recent problem with seeing posts I want to see if this one goes
thru, and how long it takes.

1. I am posting this via the HTML view of the Group, using Authentication,
from Firefox.
2. I want to see if and when it appears on the site (HTML)
3. I want to see if and when it appears in my newsgroup reader (NNTP)
Thunderbird.

The time is now 08:07pm CDT USA

?:-)
Tim
--
If you set a Vista disk in the CD tray upside down,
you can hear SATANIC VOICES!

Tim Clark

      22nd Oct 2009
Okay, took about a minute to show up on the HTML view ...
and...
Took about 3 minutes to be readable in TB.

Maybe things are fixed ?

?:-)
Tim

Tim Clark

      22nd Oct 2009
Could someone test posting using a newsgroup (NNTP) program Thunderbird,
Outlook, Outlook express, whatever you've got, and note what you used and the
time you hit send (converting to CDT USA, or your difference from GMT/UTC),
Thanks

?:-)
Tim

Bill Sanderson

      22nd Oct 2009
This is such a test - 9:30 EDT

--

"Tim Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could someone test posting using a newsgroup (NNTP) program Thunderbird,
> Outlook, Outlook express, whatever you've got, and note what you used and
> the
> time you hit send (converting to CDT USA, or your difference from
> GMT/UTC),
> Thanks
>
> ?:-)
> Tim

Randy Knobloch

      22nd Oct 2009
No issues using NNTP, Tim
Use your default newsreader to view here, you are already aware, yes ?
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/support.mspx>

--
Randy
<http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

Tim Clark

      22nd Oct 2009
@ BillS and RandyK

It is now 9:00 CDT USA
Both of your NNTP posts from about 25-30 minutes ago have shown up in in
Thunderbird but not in the Web view.

Mine are the only ones showing in Web View.

It would "seem" that NNTP posts are not being picked up by the server for
the Web :-( More testing needed I guess.

Bill, a couple of your posts from yesterday still have not shown up in the
web view yet.

Strange,

Tim

Randy Knobloch

      22nd Oct 2009
Tim Clark wrote:
>@ BillS and RandyK
>
> It is now 9:00 CDT USA
> Both of your NNTP posts from about 25-30 minutes ago have shown up in in
> Thunderbird but not in the Web view.
>
> Mine are the only ones showing in Web View.
>
> It would "seem" that NNTP posts are not being picked up by the server for
> the Web :-( More testing needed I guess.
>
> Bill, a couple of your posts from yesterday still have not shown up in the
> web view yet.
>
> Strange,

It would appear one if not more of several things -
The Web View is out of Synch or just not working correctly.
( Opinion ) I never liked the Web View myself, but that's just me.

Time to subscribe via NNTP, while this NG is still here.
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/support.mspx>

Best of luck !

--
Randy
<http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch>

Tim Clark

      22nd Oct 2009
Randy,

I think you are missing the point
I HAVE access BOTH ways already.
I Read in NNTP (for filtering and such) and Post after Authenticating in the
Web Viewer, I have for years.

It is others that I am concerned about, those who use the web viewer and are
not aware that they are not seeing NNTP posts.

Tim

1PW

      22nd Oct 2009
Tim Clark wrote:
> This is only a test
>
> This is a test of the Delta Update Broadcast System (DUBS)
>
> This is only a test
>
> Had this been an actual Delta Update Broadcast you would have been informed
> of the Delta Update version and/or instructed on how to obtain it.
>
> This was only a Test.
>
> :-P
>
> ===========================
> Fort those of you not from the US the above was intended to be a humorous
> paraphrase of our Emergency Broadcast System, which we hear on all stations
> at sometime during the month :P
>
> Due to the recent problem with seeing posts I want to see if this one goes
> thru, and how long it takes.
>
> 1. I am posting this via the HTML view of the Group, using Authentication,
> from Firefox.
> 2. I want to see if and when it appears on the site (HTML)
> 3. I want to see if and when it appears in my newsgroup reader (NNTP)
> Thunderbird.
>
> The time is now 08:07pm CDT USA
>
> ?:-)
> Tim

Hello Tim:

This is an NNTP post w/Thunderbird sent at 02:16 CT, 22-OCT-2009.

HTH

--
1PW

1PW

      22nd Oct 2009
1PW wrote:
> Tim Clark wrote:
>> This is only a test
>>
>> This is a test of the Delta Update Broadcast System (DUBS)
>>
>> This is only a test
>>
>> Had this been an actual Delta Update Broadcast you would have been informed
>> of the Delta Update version and/or instructed on how to obtain it.
>>
>> This was only a Test.
>>
>> :-P
>>
>> ===========================
>> Fort those of you not from the US the above was intended to be a humorous
>> paraphrase of our Emergency Broadcast System, which we hear on all stations
>> at sometime during the month :P
>>
>> Due to the recent problem with seeing posts I want to see if this one goes
>> thru, and how long it takes.
>>
>> 1. I am posting this via the HTML view of the Group, using Authentication,
>> from Firefox.
>> 2. I want to see if and when it appears on the site (HTML)
>> 3. I want to see if and when it appears in my newsgroup reader (NNTP)
>> Thunderbird.
>>
>> The time is now 08:07pm CDT USA
>>
>> ?:-)
>> Tim

> Hello Tim:
>
> This is an NNTP post w/Thunderbird sent at 02:16 CT, 22-OCT-2009.
>
> HTH

It took about one minute to see my post make the round trip. All
other NNTP servers take a great deal less time usually.

--
1PW