Terminal Service Manager Hang when I open

Murugan.S

      3rd Sep 2003

In Windows 2000 Server with Terminal Server App. mode...
When I Open Terminal Service Manager...it has been
Hang...I can see
the TS Manager but I can't use..It has been hang...What is
the Problem????...It's not similiar with my previous
post..it's another system with different problem...Thx.

Colin M. McGroarty

      3rd Sep 2003
Did this occur right after a SP upgrade? What SP is the server? Does this
problem go away for a short time after a reboot?

--
Colin M. McGroarty
MCP+I, MCSE, NT-CIP

(E-Mail Removed)
www.McGroarty.org

"Murugan.S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:03ee01c3720d$272e4170$(E-Mail Removed)...

> In Windows 2000 Server with Terminal Server App. mode...
> When I Open Terminal Service Manager...it has been
> Hang...I can see
> the TS Manager but I can't use..It has been hang...What is
> the Problem????...It's not similiar with my previous
> post..it's another system with different problem...Thx.

Murugan.S

      4th Sep 2003
NO...Already I have installed SP4..it's working fine on
few days...but suddenly got hang..I couldn't see the
Terminal session in Terminal Service Manager...!

No..I have rebooted several time..but still it's get hang
when I open the TS manager..I can't access..

Windows 2000 Server with SP4
Norton Anti-Virus
Office 2000
Terminal Server Application Mode
20 GB HDD
512 MB Ram

S. Ramesh

Matthew Harris [MVP]

      4th Sep 2003
if the tsadmin is showing up on the taskbar but doesn't
appear when you click on it, try closing it, then going to
your registry and finding this key...

HKCU\\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\TSADMIN

....and deleting the Placement value.

-M

Matthew Harris [MVP]

      4th Sep 2003
You're welcome.

-M

New Member

      9th Dec 2009
Just wanted to share couple of thoughts more, I followed your suggestion by deleting the Placement Value under

HKCU\\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\TSADMIN

Still it didn't resolve the issue, additionally I tried clearing out "Favorites" value and next thing Terminal Services loaded fine. Just wanted to add my share of troubleshoot notes.

By the way this issue was associated with Windows XP SP3 ( I have Installed Win 2003 Admin Pack)

Cheers!!!