Templates/Styles

jo49

      14th Sep 2009
Trying to create a template that can lock-in and restrict formatting and
styles.
A document will go through various stages of review and comments.
Information is added by various scientists as the document cyles through the
process. We want to be able to limit the fonts that can be used in the
template. Sometimes information will be copied/pasted from a PowerPoint file
or another source and right now, documents have a mix of everything.
The problem seems to be that we cannot use a combination of a regular font
like Arial or Times Roman with Latin Symbols.
I'm working the Manage Styles and the style only allows one font designation.

PvdG42

      14th Sep 2009

"jo49" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trying to create a template that can lock-in and restrict formatting and
> styles.
> A document will go through various stages of review and comments.
> Information is added by various scientists as the document cyles through
> the
> process. We want to be able to limit the fonts that can be used in the
> template. Sometimes information will be copied/pasted from a PowerPoint
> file
> or another source and right now, documents have a mix of everything.
> The problem seems to be that we cannot use a combination of a regular font
> like Arial or Times Roman with Latin Symbols.
> I'm working the Manage Styles and the style only allows one font
> designation.

A template for what software? You've asked in a discussion group for .NET
programming issues, so we would ned to know what software you are referring
to in order to redirect you to an appropriate discussion group.

jo49

      15th Sep 2009
This should go to Word 2007;

"PvdG42" wrote:

> "jo49" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Trying to create a template that can lock-in and restrict formatting and
> > styles.
> > A document will go through various stages of review and comments.
> > Information is added by various scientists as the document cyles through
> > the
> > process. We want to be able to limit the fonts that can be used in the
> > template. Sometimes information will be copied/pasted from a PowerPoint
> > file
> > or another source and right now, documents have a mix of everything.
> > The problem seems to be that we cannot use a combination of a regular font
> > like Arial or Times Roman with Latin Symbols.
> > I'm working the Manage Styles and the style only allows one font
> > designation.
> >

> A template for what software? You've asked in a discussion group for .NET
> programming issues, so we would ned to know what software you are referring
> to in order to redirect you to an appropriate discussion group.

PvdG42

      15th Sep 2009

"jo49" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This should go to Word 2007;

OK, here's how to find an appropriate discussion group.
As you appear to be using a web interface:

Visit this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/

In the tree on the left, open English, then open Office and Desktop
Applications. In the
Office and Desktop Applications subcategory, find and open the subcategory
forWord, and find a group there for your post.