PC Review

The Laptop Nut

2nd Dec 2004
Hello all,

Rememer about a month or so ago, the owner of Techfever came and asked us to have a look...

Well, i just thought i would say that Techfever is now open!!

Here is the link: www.techfever.co.uk

KGB

Has grown up and moved on... Fairwell.

2nd Dec 2004
the easiest site too navigate...
ill wait intil somone here buys a X800XT first before i try them out

www.florinabeach.com - maplestory community trading forum!

Cookie Monster

2nd Dec 2004
They have some extrememly nice heatsinks there for very low prices, some really weird looking ones, check this bad boy out : http://www.techfever.co.uk/images/5002.BIG.JPG

| Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 | i7 950 | MSI GTX580 Twin FrozR | 6 gig Corsair XMS3 | Corsair TX850 |

3rd Dec 2004
Aww guys you remembered me

Thanks for the comments , glad you like the site. Keep the feedback coming and dont forget to register on the site to get a chance to win the DVD player. Im not going to spam you I promise

Sorry I have not posted much in the last few weeks but we only launched tonight so I have been kinda busy

Phelon

Cookie Monster

3rd Dec 2004
Well done man, i think the site is very much user friendly, and seeing as your on PC Review quite often, i think ill get most my components from there, least that way things can be cleaned up quicker if they go funky.

I might be on the market for a new graphics card in the new year, somethign along the lines of a 6800GT or X800XT, i think i'll be steering your way for sure .

| Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 | i7 950 | MSI GTX580 Twin FrozR | 6 gig Corsair XMS3 | Corsair TX850 |

Captain Crunchie, Retired

3rd Dec 2004
I congratulat you on a job well done.

However, may I point out, as I am so fond of doing, that I see no "contact details" other than by email ...

Quote:
How the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR) can help protect your purchase.

The scope of the Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations 2000 is very broad. They cover both goods and services where the contact is made without face-to-face contact between supplier and consumer, and include products bought online, by phone, fax, TV and mail order.

When a customer buys in this way from a trader, the trader must offer the customer clear information. This includes details of the goods or services offered, delivery arrangements and payment, as well as the supplier’s details.

Many companies are still failing to put clear business addresses and contact numbers on their websites … this is a breach of the regulations. This information can be given to customers verbally but must also be given in writing.

The normal “cooling-off” period is seven days, although some retailers offer longer. Retailer must also say how long the offer or the price remains valid. The consumer’s cancellation right must also be spelled out before they buy.

Retailers can demand that the consumer pays the return cost of carriage but only if they state this in the terms and conditions. However, this doesn’t apply if the goods are faulty because then the Sale of Goods Act states that the consumer shouldn’t be left out of pocket. (mucks note ... it is on the earnest of the trader to prove the good were not faulty.)

Retailers are also not allowed to charge what is called a “restocking fee” (to cover the cost of things such as repackaging) for returned goods.
Forgive me but I really do wish you well in your venture, but could you please rectify the 'contact details' on your site.

<a href=http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Main target=_blank>http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Main</a>

“I am the dreadful menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.”

3rd Dec 2004
Hi Muck, Thanks for highlighting that.

The DTI state

Prior information The seller must provide clear and comprehensible information to enable the consumer to decide whether to buy. This must include:

• the seller's name and, if payment is required in advance, his/her postal address
  • a description of the goods or services
  • the price including all taxes
  • delivery costs where they apply
  • arrangements for payment
  • arrangements and date for delivery
  • the right to cancel the order
  • how long the offer or the price remains valid
As we are taking payment prior to the customer getting the goods I will ensure our postal address is on our contacts page later today. ( Edit : Its now done )

With regards to phone numbers The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 makes no reference to them ( http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm )

The reason we dont display them is we have spent considerable time and money developing the e-mail system to allow us to give priority to the consumers who require it. A phone system doesnt allow us this scope of prioritising and would be detrimental to the levels of service we want to offer. Techfever are quite happy to phone customers back at times convienient to them if the situation warrants it.

Hope that helps Muck, and keep the feedback coming

Phelon

Last edited by Phelon; 3rd Dec 2004 at 12:27 PM..

3rd Dec 2004
Why does using a yahoo, gmail or hotmail account slow down the ordering process and that? just curious

3rd Dec 2004
Hi Kye,
The use of a Free e-mail account just means we need to be extra vigilent from a fraud point of view. If you were looking to defraud a company then you would use a free email account ( Well I would ). We have several anti fraud procedures and some take longer than others.

I have no problem with such accounts and use them myself to help with Spam control, but when im buying I use my ISP e-mail because its generally more reliable.

Hope that explains that

Phelon

3rd Dec 2004
that explains it thank you.

Question #2

i buy online using my aunties solo card. i want too register too the site, but do i use all the details in my aunties name and that or mine? the e-mail will be my e-mail, but everything else will be my aunties details.

i want too avoid any problems, and i certainly dont want too give the impression that if i register, it all looks a big dodgy.

i live with my aunty, so all that is different is card details and personal infomation. just wondering if this would cause any problems :S

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: