Taskbar turned thick ie 2 layers

Jimmy Hsu

      13th Apr 2009
While dragging around the Taskbar, I somehow messed it up. Now the bar is
two layer thick with the icons stacked on top of each other. I tried
dragging it in all sorts of ways, and it gets worst. Now it is vertical,
2 -layer thick, with the Start Button at the top left corner. Isn't
there a restore default button that I can click to restore everything back
to normal. Thanks

nass

      13th Apr 2009

"Jimmy Hsu" wrote:

> While dragging around the Taskbar, I somehow messed it up. Now the bar is
> two layer thick with the icons stacked on top of each other. I tried
> dragging it in all sorts of ways, and it gets worst. Now it is vertical,
> 2 -layer thick, with the Start Button at the top left corner. Isn't
> there a restore default button that I can click to restore everything back
> to normal. Thanks

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...top_fixall.vbs

HTH,
nass
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^ http://www.nasstec.co.uk ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jose

      14th Apr 2009
On Apr 13, 12:52*pm, "Jimmy Hsu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> While dragging around the Taskbar, I *somehow messed it up. *Now the bar is
> two layer thick with the icons stacked on top of each other. *I tried
> dragging it in all sorts of ways, and it gets worst. * Now it is vertical,
> 2 -layer thick, *with the Start Button * at the top left corner. *Isn't
> there a restore default button that I can click to restore everything back
> to normal. *Thanks

First, your Taskbar needs to be unlocked. Right click in an empty
area of the Taskbar and uncheck the Lock the Taskbar option if it is
checked.

Now you can grab your Taskbar with your left mouse button and drag it
where ever you want, but you can only move it by grabbing it in an
unused section (blue in my case). You can't drag it if you try to
grab it in the Quick Launch area. Grab it in an empty blue area
somewhere above/before/close to the clock and while holding the left
mouse key down, drag it until it is where you want, like to the bottom
of your screen. Release the mouse button when it is where you like
it. It may still be too wide but that is next.

With the Taskbar still unlocked (now at the bottom of your screen I
hope), move your mouse cursor slowly from the empty desktop area until
it just touches the top of the Taskbar and it will turn into a two
headed up and down arrow. Left click and hold then slide the top of
the Taskbar up and down until it is one layer thick, if that is the
way you like it. Your icons will unstack themselves.

Once you get it looking the way you want and where you want, right
click the Taskbar again and lock the Taskbar.

Jimmy Hsu

      14th Apr 2009
It worked, Many thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed)...