TaskBar too big

ralf

      8th Oct 2003
Need help shrinking taskbar back to normal size. It's double in size. Where
my time is, the time is on top and the day is below. I want my narrow
taskbar back. Tried dragging it down alittle but the taskbar will just
dissapear.

Thanks

using winxp pro

Kelly

      8th Oct 2003
Hi Ralf,

This can happen by opening Accessibility Options, etc. If the icons on the
Quick Launch bar are showing as being larger, it will result in the taskbar
being twice its height and also include the date or similar under the clock.

If this is the case, right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/
Advanced. Under the Item drop box choose Caption Buttons and change the
number by one, ok your way out, then rest to 25.

And/or reset your default to the XP Theme.

Other options to consider if the above doesn't help, nor moving the glider
over toward the Start Button to list only three icons in the Quick Launch
bar.

Restore the Taskbar to Default Functionality (Line 164)

All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP
[AE-Windows® XP]

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

"ralf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Need help shrinking taskbar back to normal size. It's double in size.

Where
> my time is, the time is on top and the day is below. I want my narrow
> taskbar back. Tried dragging it down alittle but the taskbar will just
> dissapear.
>
> Thanks
>
> using winxp pro

Durand

      9th Oct 2003
Unlock the taskbar and try dragging it down again to one row. Then relock it.

--
Regards,

Durand