Task Manager

Larry

      8th Aug 2008
Hi Recently I discovered that their is many processes with the same name
running in task manager proccesses. I am not pc smart, so I don't know if
these should be there or not.
I am running Xp Pro sp 3. The file that is listed 5 times is svchost.exe
.. I could use some help with this. Larry

Malke

      8th Aug 2008
Larry wrote:

> Hi Recently I discovered that their is many processes with the same name
> running in task manager proccesses. I am not pc smart, so I don't know if
> these should be there or not.
> I am running Xp Pro sp 3. The file that is listed 5 times is
> svchost.exe
> . I could use some help with this. Larry

It is normal for multiple instances of svchost.exe to be running. See:

Svchost.exe in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314056/EN-US/
and http://windowsxp.mvps.org/svchost.htm

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Larry

      8th Aug 2008
Hi Malke Thanks for getting back with me. I read your link and have a
slightly better understanding. Thanks again Larry

"Malke" wrote:

> Larry wrote:
>
> > Hi Recently I discovered that their is many processes with the same name
> > running in task manager proccesses. I am not pc smart, so I don't know if
> > these should be there or not.
> > I am running Xp Pro sp 3. The file that is listed 5 times is
> > svchost.exe
> > . I could use some help with this. Larry

> It is normal for multiple instances of svchost.exe to be running. See:
>
> Svchost.exe in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314056/EN-US/
> and http://windowsxp.mvps.org/svchost.htm
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Malke

      8th Aug 2008
Larry wrote:

> Hi Malke Thanks for getting back with me. I read your link and have a
> slightly better understanding. Thanks again Larry

You're welcome. Please do post back if you need more help.

Malke