task manager

Mike

      30th Sep 2003
I have pressed Ctrl + Alt + Del to try and get the task
manager to come up. It does but then shuts down again.
I never used to do this. Please help

Doug Knox MS-MVP

      30th Sep 2003
You have a virus. See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Create Emergency
Copies of Critical XP System Utilities. This small VB Program will create
backup, usable copies of Task Manger, Regedit and MSConfig (named
Taskmgr1.exe, Regedit.com and MSConfig1.exe) in a new folder
C:\EmergencyUtil. Many virus programs will intercept these programs, based
on their original file name. The modified file names, allow them to be run.
Open Windows Explorer to C:\EmergencyUtil and double click the application
you need. The next revision will allow you to browse for the folder you
want to place the backups in.

Additionally, see the Win XP Utilities section for Startup Programs Tracker.
This small utility scans your system for startup programs and running
processes. It also allows you to create a log file that can be copied and
pasted into a newsgroup post. The contents of the program window are also
copied to the Windows Clipboard, automatically.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

news:12f701c386e1$d5dab670$(E-Mail Removed)...