Task Manager Help needed

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhbnRv?=

      14th Dec 2005
I need some help getting my task manager to work. I got it to work on my
desktop and I am the administrator and I got it to work using your link from
other peoples questions. Now, I cannot seem to get it to work on other
desktops on my computer it still says "Task Manager disabled by
Administrator" and I've tried using the links on the other desktops but they
still cannot use task manager. What should I do? Please help me.
Grant

Galen

      14th Dec 2005
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Granto <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:

> I need some help getting my task manager to work. I got it to work
> on my desktop and I am the administrator and I got it to work using
> your link from other peoples questions. Now, I cannot seem to get
> it to work on other desktops on my computer it still says "Task
> Manager disabled by Administrator" and I've tried using the links on
> the other desktops but they still cannot use task manager. What
> should I do? Please help
> me. Grant

Assuming it's not malware try this:
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kba...XPHomePro.html

Scan for malware too:

Malware Cleaning:
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

--
Galen - MS MVP - Windows (Shell/User & IE)
http://dts-l.org/

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of
existence." - Sherlock Holmes

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      14th Dec 2005
Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Granto" wrote:

| I need some help getting my task manager to work. I got it to work on my
| desktop and I am the administrator and I got it to work using your link from
| other peoples questions. Now, I cannot seem to get it to work on other
| desktops on my computer it still says "Task Manager disabled by
| Administrator" and I've tried using the links on the other desktops but they
| still cannot use task manager. What should I do? Please help me.
| Grant

Galen

      14th Dec 2005
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Carey Frisch [MVP] <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:

> Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

*chuckles* You know, in the ten million and three (probably more <g>) times
I've been to Doug's site or sent people there that's a link I've missed???
For the life of me I'd always done it by hand and had always told people how
to do it by hand with editing the registry until I figured that I'd just go
ahead and use a link. If I'd known Doug had that I'd have used that instead
so thanks for the heads up.