Task Manager Disabled After Virus Infection and Removal

s2gz

      16th May 2009
A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I ran
a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...

How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
manager again?

I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
virus, so I wont be able to use that.

David H. Lipman

      16th May 2009
From: "s2gz" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
| computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
| harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
| disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I ran
| a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
| were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...

| How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
| while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
| manager again?

| I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
| virus, so I wont be able to use that.

Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen! is a trojan, not a virus!

Please use the following to clean your PC...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/down...NTISPYWAREFREE

--
Dave

Leythos

      16th May 2009
Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

"s2gz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
> computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
> harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager
> was
> disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I
> ran
> a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
> were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my
> computer...
>
> How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
> while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
> manager again?
>
> I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing
> the
> virus, so I wont be able to use that.

Ken Blake, MVP

      16th May 2009
On Sat, 16 May 2009 10:16:01 -0700, s2gz
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my

A minor point, but just a clarification. That's a trojan, not a virus.
Despite what many people think, a trojan is *not* a type of virus.

> computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
> harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
> disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I ran
> a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
> were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...
>
> How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
> while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
> manager again?

It sounds like you are still infected. Try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

> I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
> virus, so I wont be able to use that.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Jose

      16th May 2009
On May 16, 1:16*pm, s2gz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
> computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
> harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
> disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. Iran
> a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
> were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...
>
> How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
> while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
> manager again?
>
> I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
> virus, so I wont be able to use that.

Never run a registry cleanup program. Accept the fact that there is
no such thing no matter what you are told.

If you use a restore point made n the past, you may just restore the
problem again.

When you get done scanning with MBAM, SA, and AVG (all free) find out
if Start, Run, regedit works. Also try Start, Run, cmd.

Jose

Leythos

      16th May 2009
In article <uHDPl.29915$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> From: "Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
> Subject: Re: Task Manager Disabled After Virus Infection and Removal
> Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 11:35:10 -0700
>
> Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
> Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
> http://www.PIRATE.org/
>
> --
> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not waste
> your time.
> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.

The character known as PCBUTTS1 posted the above, he has been
impersonating me for almost a full week because he's an unethical hack
and completely dishonest.

Do not visit his website, it contains pirated code, has contained filthy
pornographic material, and is on most some block-lists.

Following any advice from PCBUTTS would put your system at risk.

Abuse complaint sent to ATT/Prodigy.

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

Elmo

      16th May 2009
s2gz wrote:
> A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
> computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
> harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
> disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I ran
> a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
> were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...
>
> How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
> while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
> manager again?
>
> I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
> virus, so I won't be able to use that.

Line 113. Enable the Task Manager - Disable - Repair
Line 275. Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD

--
Joe =o)

Leythos

      17th May 2009
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> How many complaints are you going to file before you will realize that it is
> not a valid complaint and nothing will be done? Are going to file a
> complaint on everyone who posts with the name Leythos. You need to grow up.

I will continue to file complaints as long as the abuse continues - it's
that simple.

What you fail to understand is the damage you do to your already poor
reputation and poor image with each post Chris.

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

Barry Schwarz

      30th May 2009
On Sat, 16 May 2009 11:35:10 -0700, "Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
>Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
>http://www.ms-mvp.org/

This post was forged.

This not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/

--
Remove del for email