Task Manager Closes Itself

Dennis

      22nd Jul 2004
Hi there, when I hit cntl-alt-del and bring up my task
manager it immediately closes itself. I understand certain
viruses can cause this behaviour but I have run -5- of the
top virus checkers, I am very clean. I have tried taking a
copy of taskmgr.com from another computer, renamed it as
taskmgr2.com, ran it, got the same problem.

Can anyone give me some advice as to how to proceed (pls
dont tell me to do a virus check, its been done, there is
no virus).

Thanks in advance

      23rd Jul 2004

Please excuse me bumping my own thread. But does any one
know anything about this problem? I am going to be forced
to completely reinstall Windows 2000 out of paranoia if I
can't figure out whats going on

Mark-Allen

      26th Jul 2004
Are you talking about Task Manager, as in TASKMGR.EXE?

TASKMAN.EXE is a system-kernel program that is NOT normally run manually.

--
Mark-Allen Perry
ALPHA Systems, Switzerland