task bar and start menu are invisible

Lee

      7th Dec 2003
when I boot up, my desktop comes up with only the
background picture, no icons no start menu or task bar.
The only time these show is for 2 seconds before I shut
down windows. Everything shows with safe mode, I can
still access most things with Ctrl+alt+del. Please help
it's driving me crazy.

Chris Lanier

      7th Dec 2003
Greetings

Here are a few suggestions on how you can try and fix it.

Taskbar and icons disappeared from desktop
http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/w...rum/85915.html

Adware.Dynamic Removel Information
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...e.dynamic.html

Preform a Spyware Scan
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Repair/Customize Desktop, Quick Launch, Taskbar and Notification Area

HOW TO: Start the System Restore Tool from a Command Prompt in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304449

W32.Aplore Removal Information
http://(E-Mail Removed)

W32.HLLP.Handy Removal Information
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...llp.handy.html

Taskbar Is Missing When You Log On to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q318027

"Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:02c701c3bc63$d349d000$(E-Mail Removed)...
> when I boot up, my desktop comes up with only the
> background picture, no icons no start menu or task bar.
> The only time these show is for 2 seconds before I shut
> down windows. Everything shows with safe mode, I can
> still access most things with Ctrl+alt+del. Please help
> it's driving me crazy.

      7th Dec 2003