Dave

      19th Oct 2004
What is the difference between Tablet PC and Pocket PC?

Alex Feinman [MVP]

      19th Oct 2004
Pocket PC runs Windows CE (Windows Mobile), whereas Tablet PC is a regular
PC with touchscreen running Windows XP Tablet Edition

--
Alex Feinman
---
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the difference between Tablet PC and Pocket PC?

Dave

      19th Oct 2004
Can I develop Tablet PC applications in VS.NET 2003 and if yes what I need
for it?

"Alex Feinman [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u0f8N%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pocket PC runs Windows CE (Windows Mobile), whereas Tablet PC is a regular
> PC with touchscreen running Windows XP Tablet Edition
>
> --
> Alex Feinman
> ---
> Visit http://www.opennetcf.org
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What is the difference between Tablet PC and Pocket PC?

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

      19th Oct 2004
This isn't the right group for that question, but anything that you can do
for Windows XP will work on Tablet PC. You don't need anything special,
except whatever you need for the application you want to write. If you want
some special processing (handwriting recognition), you may need a Tablet PC
SDK, but that's on your application side; we don't know that you need
anything else.

Paul T.

> Can I develop Tablet PC applications in VS.NET 2003 and if yes what I need
> for it?
>
> "Alex Feinman [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u0f8N%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Pocket PC runs Windows CE (Windows Mobile), whereas Tablet PC is a
>> regular PC with touchscreen running Windows XP Tablet Edition
>>
>> --
>> Alex Feinman
>> ---
>> Visit http://www.opennetcf.org
>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> What is the difference between Tablet PC and Pocket PC?

Peter Foot [MVP]

      19th Oct 2004
Also take a look over at the Tablet PC newsgroup:-
microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer

And the Tablet PC developer centre:-
http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/tabletpc/

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

Do have an opinion on the effectiveness of Microsoft Windows Mobile and
Embedded newsgroups? Let us know!
https://www.windowsembeddedeval.com/...ity/newsgroups

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <ptobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT com>
> This isn't the right group for that question, but anything that you can do
> for Windows XP will work on Tablet PC. You don't need anything special,
> except whatever you need for the application you want to write. If you
> want some special processing (handwriting recognition), you may need a
> Tablet PC SDK, but that's on your application side; we don't know that you
> need anything else.
>
> Paul T.
>
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can I develop Tablet PC applications in VS.NET 2003 and if yes what I
>> need for it?
>>
>> "Alex Feinman [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:u0f8N%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Pocket PC runs Windows CE (Windows Mobile), whereas Tablet PC is a
>>> regular PC with touchscreen running Windows XP Tablet Edition
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alex Feinman
>>> ---
>>> Visit http://www.opennetcf.org
>>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

New Member

      1st Oct 2011
can we install windows mobile applications into tablet pc?

I have created windows mobile application and installed into tablet pc. is it possible?