Tabing in a data entry form

=?Utf-8?B?TW9vbGlpQmV0aA==?=

      13th Jul 2005
When I press the tab button in form view in a form a made for data entry, the
curser skips around in crazy patterns... box to box... possibly in the order
in which I inserted the fields into the form. What determines tab order and
how can I change the order?

=?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Y2VN?=

      13th Jul 2005
Easiest way is to click View > Tab Order in form design view and set your
preferences there. You can also use a control's property sheet (Other) to
indicate whether or not that control is a tab stop (i.e. whether pressing the
Tab key will ever land you on that control) and which number it is in the tab
order (the Tab Index, which starts on 0).

"MooliiBeth" wrote:

> When I press the tab button in form view in a form a made for data entry, the
> curser skips around in crazy patterns... box to box... possibly in the order
> in which I inserted the fields into the form. What determines tab order and
> how can I change the order?

tina

      13th Jul 2005
open the form in design view, and click the Tab Order button on the toolbar,
or click View | Tab Order on the menu bar. click in the gray box next to a
control name in the list, and then click-and-drag to move the row to a
different place in the order. continue until the control name list is in the
tab order you want.

hth

"MooliiBeth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I press the tab button in form view in a form a made for data entry,

the
> curser skips around in crazy patterns... box to box... possibly in the

order
> in which I inserted the fields into the form. What determines tab order

and
> how can I change the order?

=?Utf-8?B?TW9vbGlpQmV0aA==?=

      13th Jul 2005
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"BruceM" wrote:

> Easiest way is to click View > Tab Order in form design view and set your
> preferences there. You can also use a control's property sheet (Other) to
> indicate whether or not that control is a tab stop (i.e. whether pressing the
> Tab key will ever land you on that control) and which number it is in the tab
> order (the Tab Index, which starts on 0).
>
> "MooliiBeth" wrote:
>
> > When I press the tab button in form view in a form a made for data entry, the
> > curser skips around in crazy patterns... box to box... possibly in the order
> > in which I inserted the fields into the form. What determines tab order and
> > how can I change the order?

Tony Vrolyk

      13th Jul 2005
In design view of the form click View > Tab Order.

"MooliiBeth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I press the tab button in form view in a form a made for data entry,
> the
> curser skips around in crazy patterns... box to box... possibly in the
> order
> in which I inserted the fields into the form. What determines tab order
> and
> how can I change the order?

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcm9u?=

      19th Jul 2005
I am in design view of the form I have made but there is no tab order on the
View drop down