System Resource Error

andersod40

      7th Jan 2009
Everyday by early afternoon I start getting error messages when I try to open
files in Excel 2007: "Not enough system resources to display properly" and
"Insufficient System Resources". It then kind of locks up. It doesn't matter
what size the file is.

Also, sometimes files take about a minute to open. I have a fairly new Dell
laptop with 2G RAM and 15G available hard drive space.

Very frustrating.

Shane Devenshire

      8th Jan 2009
Hi,

1. try Googling "Not enough system resources to display properly" there are
lots of comments and suggestions at various sites.
2. This site will give you ideas on how to improve performance some of which
may help
3. There is a tool called Fast Excel, which I haven't used and can't vouch
for but you might take a look at it.

4. Although 2 GB of ram sound like a lot by yeasterdays standards, I run a
machine with 8 GB's. As for 15 GB free, that's probably ok. But you may
want to close down other applications that are running at the same time.
Hard drive speed on laptops tends to be slower than desktops running at about
4200 rather than 7200 or 15000. On final point that comes to mind - Office
2007 has much higher quality graphics and maybe your graphic card is having a
problem.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"andersod40" wrote:

> Everyday by early afternoon I start getting error messages when I try to open
> files in Excel 2007: "Not enough system resources to display properly" and
> "Insufficient System Resources". It then kind of locks up. It doesn't matter
> what size the file is.
>
> Also, sometimes files take about a minute to open. I have a fairly new Dell
> laptop with 2G RAM and 15G available hard drive space.
>
> Very frustrating.

El Presidente

      31st Jan 2009
This appears to still be unsolved and I am having this issue with several
machines in my office.
All Dell D820 Laptops and all upgraded to 4 GB of RAM. All running patched
XP SP3 and Patched Office 2007 SP1

Completely random Excel freezes up and the screen goes all gray and then
this error pops "not enough resources to display properly" You have to close
Excel and reopen and everything your working on is lost.

Event viewer shows no errors or entries of any kind even relating to it.
System resources are NOT maxed out at the time that it occurs. Usually the
user has somewhere between 1.5 and 2 GB of ram free.

Nvidia Drivers are newest available and it happens on all versions.

This is driving me to drink...More

"andersod40" wrote:

> Everyday by early afternoon I start getting error messages when I try to open
> files in Excel 2007: "Not enough system resources to display properly" and
> "Insufficient System Resources". It then kind of locks up. It doesn't matter
> what size the file is.
>
> Also, sometimes files take about a minute to open. I have a fairly new Dell
> laptop with 2G RAM and 15G available hard drive space.
>
> Very frustrating.

Angelo Maragna

      17th Feb 2009
Same here.
Windows XP SP3 and Office 2007 SP1.
Some times users call us because their computer has all toolbars greyed out,
stained. And computer usually works no longer.

recently, one warning came to my attention.
It was saying "Not enough system resources to display properly" (obviously
it was in italian, and then I had to tried to figure out how it would have
been translated in english).

Still unresolved.
Updated video drivers to the last versions.

Maybe it could be due to large xls files, but it sounds like a bug.

Kind regards,
Angelo Maragna

"andersod40" wrote:

> Everyday by early afternoon I start getting error messages when I try to open
> files in Excel 2007: "Not enough system resources to display properly" and
> "Insufficient System Resources". It then kind of locks up. It doesn't matter
> what size the file is.
>
> Also, sometimes files take about a minute to open. I have a fairly new Dell
> laptop with 2G RAM and 15G available hard drive space.
>
> Very frustrating.

El Presidente

      9th Mar 2009

Well we found a solution to our problems. This was caused by an ADD-In that
was installed by PPC eTools. disabling the add-ins has left users error and
crash free for 2-3 weeks now.

-El Presidenté

"Angelo Maragna" wrote:

> Same here.
> Windows XP SP3 and Office 2007 SP1.
> Some times users call us because their computer has all toolbars greyed out,
> stained. And computer usually works no longer.
>
> recently, one warning came to my attention.
> It was saying "Not enough system resources to display properly" (obviously
> it was in italian, and then I had to tried to figure out how it would have
> been translated in english).
>
> Still unresolved.
> Updated video drivers to the last versions.
>

> Maybe it could be due to large xls files, but it sounds like a bug.
>
> Kind regards,
> Angelo Maragna
>

> "andersod40" wrote:
>
> > Everyday by early afternoon I start getting error messages when I try to open
> > files in Excel 2007: "Not enough system resources to display properly" and
> > "Insufficient System Resources". It then kind of locks up. It doesn't matter
> > what size the file is.
> >
> > Also, sometimes files take about a minute to open. I have a fairly new Dell
> > laptop with 2G RAM and 15G available hard drive space.
> >
> > Very frustrating.

New Member

      5th May 2009
What was the add-in that you disabled?