System Information/Help/Support/micro update

=?Utf-8?B?TGl0ZXNwZWVk?=

      18th May 2006
When I try to access my system information via Help and Support I receive
2) When I try to access my system information via System Information I receive
the following message: Can't Collect The Information (cannot access the
Windows Management Instrumentation software. Windows Management files
may be moved or missing).
3) When I try to use Microsoft Update, I get the following error message:
0x80070420
computer. Help and Support would not work. I could not access Aol. My screen
changed colors and so did the screen resolution. I reinstalled Aol and could
then
access the internet. I reinstalled windows xp professional 2002, but during
the
installation I received a message saying I had a newer version of xp installed
with Service Pack 2.............so I removed SP2 via add and remove programs.
Then reinstalled xp pro and received a few messages saying certain files
(about
three) could not be "loaded". However I was able to reinstall xp pro. Help and
Support could now be accessed. I then went to ATI and downloaded new drivers
and software............that fixed the screen display and resolution
problem. The
only other things I can mention is prior to the above problems I did 2
modifications:
1) downloaded and installed Java 5.0 Update 6
2) went into msconfig to system confg and then to start up tab and eliminated
PCMS service (ie...dell media experience) from start up.
Any information of the above would be helpful, thank you very much for your
time.

--
Thanks steve

Rich Barry

      18th May 2006
Your best course of action would be to slipstream WinXP + SP2 and burn to
a disk. Slipstreaming has gotten much easier.
Check here

news:(E-Mail Removed)...