System error 67 during NET USE in Windows XP

sjones@reico.com

      26th Oct 2006
I have configured WebDAV on Windows 2003 server, and I can successfully
map a drive to my WebDAV folder from the server. I cannot do the same
thing in Windows XP Pro. When I try NET USE * http://server/share, I
get "System error 67 has occurred. The network name cannot be found."
WebClient service is started, and I CAN add a network place with no
problem.

Why can I do it in Windows 2003, but not XP? Is there a workaround?

Thank you,
Sara

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

      26th Oct 2006
Many possibilities. This troubleshooting may help,

No network provider accepted the given network path When you use net use to a shared resource of a remote computer, you may receive: "System error 67 has occurred. The network name cannot be found". ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/troublesh...temerror67.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE